more silver and first gold for Mojave today !

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now, I know my other Tesoros would have found these as well, but I was out with the Mojave today for about three hours, at a location I've been wanting to try... Another spot I have to go back to soon! Aside from a bunch of shotgun shells, bullet cases and lead, usual pulltabs and about $3.25 in clad, I pulled out a '36 quarter, 925 earring and nice 10k bracelet with some heft to it! I think this Mojave will pay for itself in no time, if it hasn't already. I've only had this detector out of the house four times now and around 10 hours total, and it's found my third silver coin for this year. I know that all this was "location", but damn; this thing seems to smell the good stuff! :tongue3:

IMG_0526.JPG

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some really nice finds!! The 1936 quarter is awesome!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you! I'd say that Mojave Injun has more than paid for itself in gold, silver and fun!

tabman

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a wee bit more silver today...

Went back again today and found more clad, plus the usual junk...and a little silver Rosie!
I know there has to be a bit more silver in that place; several clad coins with '65 dates dug today. Going back again next week. Mojave working great!

IMG_0529.JPG

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will get my new Mojave this week and looking forward in finding a lot of silver. Good hunting and good luck.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks!

I will get my new Mojave this week and looking forward in finding a lot of silver. Good hunting and good luck.

Happy hunting with yours, too! Mojave works well and I think you'll like it.
Just need to get out and swing your coil over something good.

Had some light snow here this morning but it didn't stick. Supposed to be nice out tomorrow so I'm getting up early and heading back to where I found two silvers last week. Giving my Mojave a break and going to try out the big 10-1/2" concentric donut on my Eldorado. Not too much trash there so maybe the big coil will show me where some deeper silver hides.
Hoping to find something interesting tomorrow... :sunny:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojave is my first machine to run once the weather breaks enough here. :-)
Happy Mojave hunting all!!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone compare the new 7" coil with the old 7" coil, are we looking at marketing or is there a measurable difference?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone compare the new 7" coil with the old 7" coil, are we looking at marketing or is there a measurable difference?

If you mean the old white one, the new one is about as thin as the white 5.75 I have. The white 7" I have is alot thicker.
I could compare the new 7" thickness to the older Troy shadow super 7".

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mean the old white one, the new one is about as thin as the white 5.75 I have. The white 7" I have is alot thicker.
I could compare the new 7" thickness to the older Troy shadow super 7".

How is it on performance compared to a 7" old concentric or your 7" Troy? Depth, seperation?

I'm not in to buying pixie dust as you know....

Like my new RSD 11x8 coated in pixie dust I blew $135 on, performs the same as the old 8.5 round widescan I got off ebay for a whole lot less.....

:occasion14:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, I receive my new Mojave, and when it stops raining in Connecticut, I will work it out and see what I will find. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread