Biggest Coil for a Tesoro

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity what is the biggest coil one has ever put on their Tesoro? Obviously an aftermarket coil but how big?

Thanks

I like the 12x10 Widescan lol, seriously, wasn't bad balance at all. Tried a 14x10 on a Garrett and the 15" round on a F70, just felt horrible.....

Saw a show guys hunting meteorites, homemade contraction out of PVC pipe and wire pulled behind a 4 wheeler, when they got a hit, one would jump out with a metal detector.

I think meteorites are worth much more than gold.

I'd guess the box coils like Garrett has is the way to go. In searching Tesoro, I don't see anything yet.

What are you looking for?

Kinda high:
http://accuratelocators.com/

Last edited:
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was surfing utube looking at some deep VLF detectors other then the great pi out there specially the Minelab products but Detech Relic caught my eye as a VLF detector with the big coil what it was picking up and just curious how it would perform against the Tejon and if the was using a large Big NEL or a Giant Cors 15x17 coil on it as it gains +40% vs 9x8 stock? Therefore I posted a Head to Head comparison on the two, just waiting to see if I get any hits..and wasn't really out looking for anything in particular.

Last edited:
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If wasn't at your door on Friday now Monday hope it arrives soon for you :icon_thumright:, wonder how big of a coil you can add to that Mojave other then Tesoro coils what aftermarket coils would work with it being a new device and what you can easily swing with comfortably for your 5 pin coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread