doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep that Allan is a great guy only had the pleasure in dealing with him over an few email, but he help settle my debate over the 5.75 widescan I original purchased but before they shipped it changed it to the concentric for my soil types great decision I made going with this addition to my Vaq. Havn't had the pleasure to talk to Rusty yet and here great things from what others have to say regarding his services they have received.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks doggoneit,
The trouble with answering these questions is leaving my "fanboy" ideas. While they seem absolutely relevant to me, when speaking to people around the US, and others including yourself in the great white North, not so much.
All souls are different, people's hunting styles and choices of area are different, heck everything's different.
Hard to give an opinion that would say whether one should have this or the other should have that is far beyond my understanding.

The best I can do is state without opinion ion what I've found and again that's here in my soil. Again grain of salt because in different soil things change.
Hot rocks, magnetite, etc change things.
Based on what you said about the mineralization in your area, the compadre is still a great competitor.
I don't have soil issues and love my compadres.
Especially if I've had a couple sips and want to hunt my apartment complex. So easy to turn on and set disc and swing.
That being said, for the most part of my country and yours, there will be bad soil so for the price the Mojave can't be beat.
I will never let go of my compadres, and if your soil is as nice as mine, I can definitely recommend picking one up.
If you only pick one, I'd say the 8". That was my first and the 5.75 was for trashy areas. The 8 still does well but figured why not for the price.
The compadre is the best thing you can buy even for, well before the Mojave, $100 above the cost.
But all things considered, as long as you aren't putting yourself out on a limb with the extra cost, the Mojave is a great buy.

My way of handling these decisions is obviously buy them all.
But my situation was a certain one at the time of me picking up my collection.
Not everyone, including me now with my hours at work, can buy that many.
So if you can only buy one between the Mojave, compadre 5.75 and the compadre 8" I'd say the Mojave.
My compadres will always hold a special place in my heart.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again very nicely said Stoof and Thanks, and to what you have mentioned at the end of this thread, Electricfrontporch (Noah) could not have said it better with his two Compadres.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...your-tesoro-metal-detectors-post-pride-6.html

The fleet is growing. Love them all.
Started with compadre, then bought a used one to waterproof.
Now I've added Mojave and I'm learning how the sensitivity
control affects things. Next one will have to be the whole package
with G.B. And threshold. But for now it's baby steps.

Noah

Either way if I go the Compadre I am on your line of thinking the 8 inch or the Mojave at the stock.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread