Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On or around Feb. 3rd, I took delivery on a 5.75 concentric coil to use on my DeLeon. Never would work right. Received lots of advice from some of you as to what to do or try. Nothing would work. Then one morning while testing it, I figure it out. The coil cable had a cut near the coil about 1/4" long, and I could even see the wires. I figured out the only way this could have happened was I CUT IT, when removing the bubble wrap. Stupid stupid stupid.

I called Allen at Tesoro, and he instructed me to send it back. I fully expected to pay a repair fee, or just order another one. After around two weeks I called Allen to get an update. He said he shipped my coil the day before, and should have it by today or tomorrow. I asked could I just pay by credit card over the phone. Allen said: "Oh no, every body makes mistakes. I just shipped you a new one."

That floored me. Old time service is what it is. "Like a good neighbor, Tesoro is here."

At 70, I won't be a customer for too much longer, but for whatever time I do have left, and am physically able to do it, I am a Tesoro customer for life.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reading that makes me glad I spent the extra for a new Sand Shark to get that incredible lifetime warranty!

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being content is all that matters. Good for you sir.
HH
Jason

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 1. I am 74 years old and doing good. I have a new Tesoro Mojave, and snow on the ground, and more to come. Hope to hit the ground running.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a stable of Tesoros, mostly bought used. The couple of times I've used Tesoro's service it was outstanding. They even sent me a new coil at cost to replace a used one with a slight crack in it. However, the point I really want to make is I've seldom needed repairs or adjustments in the first place, which is even better.
luvsdux

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have many used units but even when sending those in I got my $50 worth out of it, even if it was just battery doors, knobs, etc when the detectors were in good health
Glad to hear you as well had such a positive experience
Happy hunting!!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting your age guys never no who I am talking to sometimes on these forums and who has been around the block or two along with there metal detector, gives me a whole new respect on the sport to see you old timers out there hope I am still doing the same thing at your age. Good on ya mates.:occasion14:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro's great service has made me a lifetime member and a huge fan. To top it all off, Tesoro detectors work great, they are reasonably priced and come with a lifetime warranty. That's hard to top! Oh yeah, they're super light and fun to swing.

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At the factory in Prescott, with Vince Gifford, and Rusty Henry. The folks that work there are truly a large American family. Watching them work, speaking with them, you realize a lot of personal pride is built into each machine they produce. The process, from the machine that creates the printed electronic boards - or the "brain" of the machine, to the coil wire wrapping, curing, and the final testing and tuning of each coil and machine is precise.

When something happens to one of "their" machines, the Tesoro family takes it personally. Jack Gifford, was a real innovator in electronic engineering, and designed machines that were cutting edge - and just as importantly, built to last. The lifetime warranty still means something to the Gifford family, and the people that have worked with them in Prescott, for 20+ years or more.

I contend Tesoro has the best customer service in the industry. Yes, I am biased. Arizona Proud, Arizona Tough. :skullflag:

Attachments

• geek1.jpg
    geek1.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Geek6.jpg
    Geek6.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 95

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find there is a fun factor swinging my Tesoros that is missing with several competitors models I sometimes use. In a word, the big difference is weight. I'm 75 and a good session in the filed with the lighter machine is just plain more fun and less tiring and I seem to find just as much.
luvsdux

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find there is a fun factor swinging my Tesoros that is missing with several competitors models I sometimes use. In a word, the big difference is weight. I'm 75 and a good session in the filed with the lighter machine is just plain more fun and less tiring and I seem to find just as much.
luvsdux

I can't put my finger on it either, but I like your description of fun factor.
There is truly something different between running my tesoros vs. my VDI and TID machines. I enjoy the fancy ones too and they're great, but with Tesoro, there's just something there.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One big reason I decided on the DeLeon, is weight. With the small coil it's even better.
My hands ache constantly, and MD doesn't help. Neither does playing stringed instruments. So I compromised and haven't played strings since buying my DeLeon.
Still have my harps though.

Arthritis is painful, but so is sitting around doing nothing. I count MD as another huge learning experience. A new chapter. A new beginning. Life is wonderful, but getting old is not for sissies.

Last edited:

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome posts fellas! I talked to Rusty over the phone with what I thought was gonna be a two minute conversation, ended up being almost an hour! And he was working on a Saturday at that! When I received my detectors back from a check-up, he sent extra battery doors covers for the plethora of Tesoro's that I own, as well as extra battery holders for my Cortes and Deleon. People are sick and tired of me talking about them at work, and the coin shop that sells another brand of detectors is about to switch over to Tesoro:) I'm only 32 years old, but have been detecting since my dad bought me a garrett predator III, and when I could finally afford one, a Vaquero in 2005. Simply put, Tesoro for me all the way!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez you guys with all the nice things you have been saying about others and their Tesoro's they own including the time we spend together on this site your really making a Tesoro user out of me! Also towards purchasing another model in the near future here. I forsee my wife getting on my case if I was to start to add another unit to my collection of devices that Tesoro has here...by the way is everyone still together with there significant other still? :laughing7::laughing7:

Great times great company :coffee2::occasion14:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome posts fellas! I talked to Rusty over the phone with what I thought was gonna be a two minute conversation, ended up being almost an hour! And he was working on a Saturday at that! When I received my detectors back from a check-up, he sent extra battery doors covers for the plethora of Tesoro's that I own, as well as extra battery holders for my Cortes and Deleon. People are sick and tired of me talking about them at work, and the coin shop that sells another brand of detectors is about to switch over to Tesoro:) I'm only 32 years old, but have been detecting since my dad bought me a garrett predator III, and when I could finally afford one, a Vaquero in 2005. Simply put, Tesoro for me all the way!

It's never a 2 minutes with him. Nice to talk to both him and Allen. Both willing to talk Tesoro until they've answered what you need them to.

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stefan, that is correct!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allen is a very nice guy. I have spoken with him many of times. He is very kind.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using Tesoro is like being the underdog in the detector world and i'm at my best in this situation. Some guys laugh at me when they see me using my old Lobo Supertraq, a 20 years old model. But at the end of the day 2 things count for me. I want to have fun using a brand of detector and i want to have results with it and for this 2 points to Tesoro. Some guys say you can't be so possitive towards Tesoro if you don't have used other brands. I have tried (and still own some) detectors from Minelab, Fisher,Garrett and Teknetics but always grab one of my Tesoro's ( i have 2 Lobo Super Traq, 2 Tejon, 1 Bandido 2 and 1 Tigershark). The other brands are my back up detectors. All my Tesoro's are used ones but i never had a problem with one of them. I'm 50 years old and i hope i can use Tesoro for at least another 25 years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread