doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The optimum temperature range of the Vaquero is listed as 30-100F, so...I can't hunt in the winter without voiding my warranty as I am more then likely in -1C temps, but likely would be hunting more in the -1 C range and higher.. and I will likely never hunt in a maximum temp at 100F or 37C? But if I do then what? It is battery concern leaking into the circuitry or risking damaging circuitry itself, anyone operate outside these ranges if so what are the consequences?

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I might have to make my first call to Tesoro and hopefuly talk to Rusty.8-)

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keep it comfortable...

I wouldn't worry too much. My Eldorado made its best finds when first warmed to 105°F. :tongue3:
Seriously, I've had my Eldorado out working at over 105° and had no problems; surprising with all the sweat dripping on it!

An operating temperature that's best for your Tesoro will be about what's most comfortable for you, too. Just don't leave it in the hot car for hours. A closed car can cook your detector at over 120° on a hot day. Guessing that not only the battery may leak, but capacitors are also known to leak at high temps. Keep your Tesoro comfy.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I don't think when they say that they mean more of a guideline than a warranty violation. There isn't much they can do to verify that temp was the cause of an issue with the equipment.
I think they meant that according to their tests, they perform the best in those temps.
You may notice a difference in performance with lower or higher temps.
Although higher temps may cause leakage of the battery. But as far as low, I used to and knew many people who kept batteries in the freezer lol so low wouldn't worry about

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...I think they meant that according to their tests, they perform the best in those temps.
You may notice a difference in performance with lower or higher temps...

I know that my Mojave sure didn't want to work when it was 27° out... Oh wait..that was me. Detector was fine.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahahahahaha haha
Nice pinenut. Had the same thing happen to me the last couple weeks when I tried to.go out.
Detector was great..... Me, not so much.
Hard to dig frozen ground.
Now with this winter storm thing, ugh.
I keep just bench testing lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread