Permit

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2017
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought my wife a Mojave for her birthday, and yesterday we took it out for its maiden spin. Well to be honest, it was the first time round the block for all of us! As we are both on the downward side of the hill i bought the Mojave with the idea that not only could we have a hobby to share, but also get a bit of much needed exercise (according to our docs). We hit a private beach in the community we live in, then the local schools. I know i am not experienced by any means, but i think the experiences we had bode well for the Mojave. We found a very old miller beer can at 10 inches, and a couple of pennies at 8 inches. OK so i dug a lot of bottle caps, pop tops, and other trash but our deal is she detects, i dig, and i thought the more we dug the better she would get to know her machine. The Mojave seemed to do very well in our soil which is a mix of sand, clay and some dirt, and never did we have to move to the high ground condition. Had the sensitivity past 5 and discrimination about half way in the white. Again i thought it better to dig and learn than to pass up any possible solid hits. Well at the end of the day we will not be retiring but i was pleased with what we found in our learning adventure. I am very happy with the Mojave, it performed much better than we did, was easy to assemble, and i was shocked at how deep it was. I have attached a picture of our finds, love the tiger pin...........all coins we clad but still we both had a blast. I was shocked when on the way home my wife called to say she was working on permission from a new commercial development that is just starting, i think she has the bug. Once she feels fully comfortable i will be getting my own machine, but until then i will be her digger...............

Attachments

• 1st treasure hunt.JPG
    1st treasure hunt.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 99

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a great first hunt!
Congratulations and welcome to the addiction.

Noah

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! Exciting times are here at last.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz on yhe new machine, you picked a winner to start with.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Tesoro cult.. umm, I mean "club!" :skullflag: :occasion14:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet!

Congratulations on the Mojave and many happy finds to both of you! It's always nice when you can share a hobby with your spouse.

My wife is usually with me as well, but she doesn't do any detecting...she's into crocheting blankets lately. She always wants to keep an eye on me when I'm detecting in the woods, thinking that a bear or mountain lion could sneak up behind me. She's a funny sight to see, sitting on her folding chair in the middle of a quiet forest, crocheting a blanket...
Glad to have her with me though. :sunny:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha good choice on the Mojave sir.
Hope you guys have many years of fruitful hunts.
Keep us posted on your progress!!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great that she is getting into it. I see a machine for you in the near future :)

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't ask which one. You will get 5 different answers and all will tell you they swear by them haha.
Nature of the hobby

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great work on your first time out with the Mojave, Glad to see your wife and you got some time 'swinging' together, now you need another Mojave! Welcome to Treasurenet.com

HH.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
get 'em all..

Just don't ask which one. You will get 5 different answers and all will tell you they swear by them haha.
Nature of the hobby

...which is why you'll need at least one of each. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread