Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done some searching around but there isnt a whole lot of info/talk on the Royal Sabre. It is a 30 yr old machine after all. They werent produced in huge numbers and they sort of came and went before the internet took off.

Im reaching out to TNET and seeing if anyone has a tips for the Royal Sabre. Maybe super tunes etc.

I have an 11" concentric as well as 8" concentric. I havent taken it out yet but air tests are only showing about 6" with either coil and with clad quarter. Half dollars and dollars are about 7.5" either coil. This is with sensitivity at max and 0 disc. Does this sound normal?

Rusty said the 11" does better in all metal but the 8" will goes a little deeper in disc.

Any insight would be appreciated. Im taking it out tomorrow to put it thru its paces either way.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive done some searching around but there isnt a whole lot of info/talk on the Royal Sabre. It is a 30 yr old machine after all. They werent produced in huge numbers and they sort of came and went before the internet took off.

Im reaching out to TNET and seeing if anyone has a tips for the Royal Sabre. Maybe super tunes etc.

I have an 11" concentric as well as 8" concentric. I havent taken it out yet but air tests are only showing about 6" with either coil and with clad quarter. Half dollars and dollars are about 7.5" either coil. This is with sensitivity at max and 0 disc. Does this sound normal?

Rusty said the 11" does better in all metal but the 8" will goes a little deeper in disc.

Any insight would be appreciated. Im taking it out tomorrow to put it thru its paces either way.

If it's the Royal Sabre Plus, Tesoro has your instruction manual here: Royal Sabre Plus

Seems like an interesting Tesoro. :sunny:

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you pinenut. It isnt a RS Plus. I also have the orginal owners manual in hand and it has a lot of info in it. But im wondering if anyone has any tweaks to get extra depth. The 6" air test results are throwing me off.

It certainly is an interesting machine. The notch feature is cool and it has dual tones when using it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
From the more than 10 detectors I owned during the 80's, a whole lot of stuff happened along the way. Life demanded I take a break from the hobby for 25 years until my return four years ago.

Of the detectors I'd owned, the only survivors I still had were my Fisher 1260X, and my Tesoro Royal Sabre. Unfortunately I'd stored the Saber in the eaves of my house, and when I found it after my retirement, it turned on with new batteries but screamed incessantly. So, I planned to send it to Tesoro for repair. They responded it would cost me $75, but for me that was no big deal.

But, I went to put it back together and the control module was missing. So, I tossed the remaining parts in the trash.

It was a great machine, in fact the very last target I found was a Merc under the shade of a bush. Then I was told I couldn't hunt there - that happened a lot during the late 80's. I really liked the notch discrimination, and the open circle of the center of the coil - great great pinpointing feature!

If one came up for sale again here, I'd probably jump on it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread