Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today, I set my Deleon on max sensitivity and 01:00 threshold, and promptly found a double penny at 8", measured.
Two pennies were stuck together, and I am working to separate.
I was experimenting with sensitivity, in my back yard. Before beginning to dig, I checked the target at my usual setting of 5 sensitivityand 10:00 threshold. Nothing. Not a whimper.
That was the only target I dug.

So, my plan is to return to my old haunts and turn up the sensitivity. Perhaps I need to go deeper in these parks to find the elusive good stuff. Like my first silver coin, wheaties, buffalo nickels.
I feel pumped.

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today, I set my Deleon on max sensitivity and 01:00 threshold, and promptly found a double penny at 8", measured.
Two pennies were stuck together, and I am working to separate.
I was experimenting with sensitivity, in my back yard. Before beginning to dig, I checked the target at my usual setting of 5 sensitivityand 10:00 threshold. Nothing. Not a whimper.
That was the only target I dug.

So, my plan is to return to my old haunts and turn up the sensitivity. Perhaps I need to go deeper in these parks to find the elusive good stuff. Like my first silver coin, wheaties, buffalo nickels.
I feel pumped.
I must have forgot but I meant to tell you to crank up the sensitivity when you became comfortable with the machine. Next time you find a deep coin like those, adjust your threshold while your at a target that can determine where your threshold should be set at in conjunction with the sensitivity setting. When you increase your sensitivity, you will want to slightly increase your threshold setting as well because it will automatically lower your threshold as you increase your sensitivity. I'm sorry I didn't remember, I don't frequent here often but like to check in and see how you are doing.I am impressed with your finds.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must have forgot but I meant to tell you to crank up the sensitivity when you became comfortable with the machine. Next time you find a deep coin like those, adjust your threshold while your at a target that can determine where your threshold should be set at in conjunction with the sensitivity setting. When you increase your sensitivity, you will want to slightly increase your threshold setting as well because it will automatically lower your threshold as you increase your sensitivity. I'm sorry I didn't remember, I don't frequent here often but like to check in and see how you are doing.I am impressed with your finds.

Hello Ivan,
No problem. I found 22 modern coins this morning with the DeLeon, using high and low sensitivity and adjusting the threshold to each. I got a lot of trash signals going deeper with max, but most of the coins were found from sensi of 5 to 10. I did find 4 nickels, within a foot of each other, and all were at 10, and down around 4 inches.

Ivan, you have helped me more than you know, along with Stefan. I appreciate it very much.

Vern

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1494434799214.jpg

l 1494434799214.jpg

Okay Stefan, here is a picture of the double penny, along with a metal ball I found on the same hunt. I couldn't pry the coins apart. Nice ball, huh?

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha cool find!!
When you said double penny I honestly thought there was a early coin I never heard about. Like a .02 piece. Felt dumb but now it makes sense.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha cool find!!
When you said double penny I honestly thought there was a early coin I never heard about. Like a .02 piece. Felt dumb but now it makes sense.

Had me too! lol

Took me a while to grasp the half dime - nickel concept....

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha. Gotcha! However, it was unintentional.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread