Bandido finds tonight, yes, I am impressed

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got some headphones from my Nautilus and plugged em into the Bandido. They work.

Went out into the drive that is literally RIDDLED with nails and junk. I wanted to see if I could find anything all
my other high-end detectors with all their bells and whistles missed. I wonder if the big iron piece with a rusty bolt is part of a brake system?
Interesting I never heard it till tonight. I can't believe the farmer didn't get more flat tires due to all the nails and junk in the driveway.

Bandido finds.JPG

The nickel (1959) was found around junk. The dime and penny were collocated with the key and other junk. No wonder my other detectors could find those coins.
No, they're neither silver or wheat but they don't have to be. They show how great the Tesoro can separate out the goodies in the midst of trash. My confidence
in this simple detector is much increased. For years I kept it torn down in my detector box with the parts etc. I just thought this simple machine can't possibly
hunt with the big dogs. Wow! Was I ever wrong! I got it about 15 years ago, put batteries in it, didn't really know how to set it up. Turned it on, didn't know how to GB it.
Glad I dug her out. Now I can't wait for my Vaquero to get here. I wonder if it is even better than this simple Bandido? My Bandido is not a Bandido II or umax. Maybe I got a hot unit?

Anyway thanks for letting me rave tonight. I'm really stoked about this little Bandido. Now if I can just find some gold coins or silver dollars. Hasn't happened yet. But we can dream. :hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been using exclusively the Tesoro Outlaw for all playground and school grassy areas. I have a lot of high end machines, but this machine just works better for this metal detecting application. The proof is in the pouch; more jewelry, coins and fun!

OP
OP
Tony (Michigan)

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using exclusively the Tesoro Outlaw for all playground and school grassy areas. I have a lot of high end machines, but this machine just works better for this metal detecting application. The proof is in the pouch; more jewelry, coins and fun!

Yes, it is so interesting how pleasant simplicity can be. I think some of my high-end machines with all their bells and whistles, while they are good, they can overwhelm a person with all the different sounds.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it's one of the best Tesoros made..

...My confidence in this simple detector is much increased. For years I kept it torn down in my detector box with the parts etc. I just thought this simple machine can't possibly
hunt with the big dogs. Wow! Was I ever wrong! I got it about 15 years ago, put batteries in it, didn't really know how to set it up. Turned it on, didn't know how to GB it.
Glad I dug her out. Now I can't wait for my Vaquero to get here. I wonder if it is even better than this simple Bandido? My Bandido is not a Bandido II or umax. Maybe I got a hot unit?

Anyway thanks for letting me rave tonight. I'm really stoked about this little Bandido. Now if I can just find some gold coins or silver dollars. Hasn't happened yet. But we can dream. :hello:

All of the Bandido line is legendary for performing in iron trash. You don't need a Bandido II or a μmax unit; the one you have is a classic, and a very capable detector. Supposedly, the original Bandidos run even more quietly in trash than the later μmax detectors do. The only real advantage to the later Bandidos, was lighter weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread