First silver and wheatie. Finally.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
CongratZ!

Time was I never thought I would find any silver or even older coins, even my first wheat took me months to find.
A few years later I now have silver dimes of all kinds, silver Washington's and an SLQ, a couple of different kinds of halves and even a silver dollar.
Wheats are no problem now that I am hunting some older spots but still remember the feeling when I found my first.

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Ivan. I hope you are right.
You and I can agree that the DeLeon is pretty darn special.

I thought very highly of the Deleon but it was delivered to Texas yesterday to its new owner. I sold the Compadre as well and the majority of the search coils. I have the silver sabre II left and will be getting a new speaker put into it next week which isn't necessary since I use headphones but I want it fixed correctly. It was a tough decision to keep the sabre 2 but it is discontinued and this machine is really nice. They still make the compadre or Deleon so its not like they won't be available to buy in the future, If I decide to go full circle again ....I bought a XP deus, its the latest and greatest on my list until the newness wears off. If it weren't for Tesoro, I might not have continued with metal detecting for it was their great products that got me started with such a positive note, I am forever grateful for choosing a Tesoro from the start.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ivan, the question that comes to me to ask is, why? What can the Deus do that the DeLeon can't?
I am not asking this as a sarcastic queston, I am just hugely curious.

As you know, I am only 5 full months into this hobby. I might be interested in one too, somewhere down the road.

This is a wow moment for me, as you were one of two members who helped me to understand my DeLeon, in the beginning.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a rule of thumb Vern, the more you spend, the deeper you go or the more pixie dust you get.

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find!!Thanks for the write up. I have to live vicariously through you guy's hunts sometimes when I am too busy to get out. Now, heal up and get back out there. My advice it to hunt all around were you found the good stuff! Michael

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find!!Thanks for the write up. I have to live vicariously through you guy's hunts sometimes when I am too busy to get out. Now, heal up and get back out there. My advice it to hunt all around were you found the good stuff! Michael

Thank you Michael.
Yeah, I intend to. But I think I'm going to wait until I heal.

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ivan, the question that comes to me to ask is, why? What can the Deus do that the DeLeon can't?
I am not asking this as a sarcastic queston, I am just hugely curious.

As you know, I am only 5 full months into this hobby. I might be interested in one too, somewhere down the road.

This is a wow moment for me, as you were one of two members who helped me to understand my DeLeon, in the beginning.

It was a rather difficult decision. Not to take anything away from the Deleon but I chose to go with the XP Deus because it has 4 different frequency options and is updatable by program downloads. It is also wireless headphone system which I like a lot and they have a pin pointer that runs through the wireless system, the coil shuts down when the pin pointer is turned on and the coil comes back up when the pin pointer is shut off, the pin pointer is heard through the wireless headphones. It is capable of customizing programs. I like the XP Deus so well, I am thinking of trading my CTX for another Deus with a different coil configuration so I won't have to switch coils. Do I miss having the Deleon ? I do but it was an agreement that I made with my wife in order to get the Deus was to sell some of the machines I had. I look forward to reading about your finds. You are doing great ! It took me longer to find my first Mercury dime with the Deleon than it took you.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Ivan, what a great reply. Touched me. I'm serious too.

I wish the best to you and your Deus. Sounds like a winner to me. Very impressed.
If I were ever to buy one, I too would have to sell off my Deleon and others to fund the purchase. Unfortunately, I don't have money to buy everything I want, or at least for a middle class retired fixed income type guy.
Yep. I'm getting old, but I'm extremely happy.

I'm going to check out the Deus forum just to read what y'all have to report.
Thanks again.
Vern

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CongratZ!

Time was I never thought I would find any silver or even older coins, even my first wheat took me months to find.
A few years later I now have silver dimes of all kinds, silver Washington's and an SLQ, a couple of different kinds of halves and even a silver dollar.
Wheats are no problem now that I am hunting some older spots but still remember the feeling when I found my first.
Digger27, you have quite a collection going on . Congratulations.
I'm still basking in my first silver. For some reason this has proved more satisfying than my first silver ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread