Does Tesoro make at least a 2 tone machine today?

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to know if Tesoro makes a two-tone machine? I know the Cortez has 9 tones.

It sure would be nice if Tesoro made their most basic machines in a 2 tone (I hope Tesoro is reading this). Some of the cheapest detectors out there, such as the GC-1023 has two tones. Costs around $100.00 and is great in iron infestation. It can give the iron nail tone and coin tone. Yes, it's a detector that, if it broke, you toss it in the trash.

Dear Tesoro, please don't tell me it would add significantly to the cost of the detector. If one company can put out a detector with 2 tones and a meter for $100.00, surely you can beat them at their own game?

I know Tesoro used to make a multi-tone detector, I think it was a Gold Maxx or something like that? But they had difficulties with the manufacturer for the part that made it multi-tone. Tesoro, why not ask the makers of the GC-1023 who their manufacturer for their tone part is? It might only cost you .50 cents for the part.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Don't think adding just a "tone part" would do it...these things are a bit more complicated than that I would think.
I don't need anything extra or more tones to know if I am swinging over iron, that is what the disc knob is for.
For me their units seem to work just fine as they are.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cortes only has one tone for general hunting.
Once a target is found you hold the toggle in sum mode and it
then gives a progressively higher tone until it locks in on the target ID tone.
You can't hunt in the sum(multi-tone) mode.

The older two tone Tesoros all struggled with deeper targets that are near the tone break.
I have a GoldenSabreII. The tone break is reliable to 6" or so but on deeper
targets the tone isn't 100% reliable.
The notch accept/reject and tone break can be helpful for particular locations
and hunting for a lost item when you have a similar item to tune it with.

Definitely prefer my single tone Tesoros.
Once you swing it enough you will know what the tone is telling you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread