Might have paid for my Mojave in one fell swoop with this one...

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
...but still kinda a mystery.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/543808-says-950-but-not-sure-i-am-believing.html

Does not test right for silver at all, it is definitely not platinum either but it might...might be 15.5 grams of Palladium.
Basically just a ton of little round links all assembled together so using palladium wire and some patience I can see the possibility it could be the real deal.
It has the right mark for that metal, sort of tests positive for that too using acids but acid testing is not all that reliable on this metal if it is indeed the lightest, least dense of the platinum metal group.

Worth about $400 melt if it is actual palladium but I will not know for sure until I get it tested correctly.
I am having fun hoping it is right now even if it ends up disappointing me at the end of all this.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz Diggs, never hurts to pay off a detector in one fell swoop. Mojave is great at finding treasure and pays for itself in no time.

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Probably foreign silver, but it just acts strange in how it tests and where it comes in on my detectors so a chance it might be a different metal.
Definitely not platinum, the weight is way too light to be that metal.
Palladium is in the Platinum metals group but the least dense and lightest of them all.

Silver from other countries, platinum and palladium all can have that same 950 mark.
Like it isn't confusing enough for us poor detectorists out there.

Last edited:

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably foreign silver, but it just acts strange in how it tests and where it comes in on my detectors so a chance it might be a different metal.
Definitely not platinum, the weight is way too light to be that metal.
Palladium is in the Platinum metals group but the least dense and lightest of them all.

Silver from other countries, platinum and palladium all can have that same 950 mark.
Like it isn't confusing enough for us poor detectorists out there.

I hope it's worth some good money. It is a nice find!

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go , Digger. I bet it's high $. Yes indeed.

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
It's silver!

Got my acids mixed up, this morning I corrected that and it tested fine for silver so probably from India or some other country with that 950 mark.

Still cool, the a Mojave hit on this chain hard and solid so also thrilled with that.
Now I am on the hunt for gold!

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get your acid mixed up man......
You'll end up at Woodstock or something......lol

Still an excellent find.
Wire bracelets that intricate are usually broken.

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Don't get your acid mixed up man......
You'll end up at Woodstock or something......lol

Still an excellent find.
Wire bracelets that intricate are usually broken.

Heavy advice man...heavy. Peace out!

victory-hand_zps4uykrrmy.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread