Tesoro choice

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank you all for the valuable advice. Your experiences and sharing your knowledge is making my experience with learning detecting very worthwhile. Also, this not being an advertisement I guess, Kellyco has the Outlaw with extra coils on sale. Not sure if it is new or a "demo" but it's @ 100.00 off retail. Thanks again for all of the advice. Still haven't decided which to get.

I don't know if this matters much.
but
A local Relic Hunter that I respect , Envy , Like, who has found just about every Relic or Coin ( he was born to detect , I think he said his first signals were something like 1, Pull Tab, 2, ??? something Common, 3, Rectangular CSA Buckle.

I think the Lord kept Relics in place just for him.

My point He loves his Whites Blue & Gray (Older Big Box Detector), & some other Detectors , all the way to a GPX 4800.

When I last saw him he had a case of some 20 + relics 'Civil War' & he stated that 'his Bandito' with the 5.75 inch coil found most of those relics in a trashy area where lot's of detectors have been hunting.

I don't know if they still make the 'Bandito' but a Similar Machine W/diff Coils should serve you well, just got to learn it as with any new machine.

I use the tejon witch can work pretty dang Good in this N GA , Red Clay.

IMO For the $ U spend a Tesoro will serve you well.
GL
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have to agree about the outlaw too.
It's the little brother of one of the most loved tesoros ever made, the bandido II micromax. I have both and it is a great detector. Plus with the three coil pack you're covered on all needs for the most part.

But if cost is an issue and your choice is between the compadre, silver and the Mojave, I think the Mojave is a great choice because of the ground switch and the 12khz. I still don't know if it's as hot on gold as the compadre, but it runs at the same frequency. That ground switch can make your day if you have bad ground.

Guess I should have read down before posting.

This IMO is Great Advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread