The Mojave and White's TRX Pinpointer

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm considering getting a White's Bullseye TRX pinpointer, but noticed that its operating frequency is 12KHz -- exactly the same as the Mojave's. If anyone has used a TRX with the Mojave, I'd be interested in hearing if you ran into interference, etc. Actually, I'd be interested in hearing people's opinions of the TRX in general. Thanks!

-Kitz

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only used the Garrett Pro Pointer with my Mojave - twice. Honestly, the little machine pinpoints so well the only two times I've had to use the pinpointer was in mud. I highly doubt you will experience any problems (override). Good luck!:skullflag:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have a Mojave, but I do have both a Whites TRX and a Garrett Pro pointer. Quite honestly, I like the TRX better than the Garrett. Garrett is a good pointer and I've owned two of them. Just bought a TRX after I gave one of the Garretts to a friend and I use it exclusively now. The Garrett just sits by as a back up.

OP
OP
K

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't have a Mojave, but I do have both a Whites TRX and a Garrett Pro pointer. Quite honestly, I like the TRX better than the Garrett. Garrett is a good pointer and I've owned two of them. Just bought a TRX after I gave one of the Garretts to a friend and I use it exclusively now. The Garrett just sits by as a back up.

I hear you... I have a Garret "carrot", but am considering the TRX because the Garrett seems more like a "barn door"-pointer than a "pin"-pointer :-) I'd like a tool that sounds off primarily on the tip, rather than the tip and sides. The Garrett can be frustrating when trying to determine if a target is in the bottom of the hole vs. the sides.

-Kitz

OP
OP
K

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! If I get a TRX, i'll post a follow-up here as to how it plays with the Mojave.

-Ken

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you... I have a Garret "carrot", but am considering the TRX because the Garrett seems more like a "barn door"-pointer than a "pin"-pointer :-) I'd like a tool that sounds off primarily on the tip, rather than the tip and sides. The Garrett can be frustrating when trying to determine if a target is in the bottom of the hole vs. the sides.

-Kitz

Like I said, the Garrett is a good tool. I used it for years. But after getting a TRX, I have come to prefer it over the Garrett. Use it exclusively now with no complaints so far. And yes, it sound off at the "tip". I do find it to be more precise. Especially on small objects. Just my two cents...hope it helps.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a Mojave and a TRX. I haven't had any problem. My TRX is my primary pinpointer as it is deep. I also have both the regular Garrett and the Carrot. The Carrot is by far in second place. I prefer the TRX as it is deeper and detects only on the tip. YMMV

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have a Mojave and a TRX. I haven't had any problem. My TRX is my primary pinpointer as it is deep. I also have both the regular Garrett and the Carrot. The Carrot is by far in second place. I prefer the TRX as it is deeper and detects only on the tip. YMMV

Thanks, Picketwire! Good to hear you haven't had any problems with the two devices.

-Kitz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread