Decided on Tiger Shark

oregonoutback

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I decided I would go with the tiger shark detector. For what I am going to do it would be a better unit at this point. Maybe later I will go to a PI unit once I plan on doing more ocean diving. Just have a quick question, on the coil sizes...I am thinking about going with the 8 inch coil. From what I have read it is better at pin pointing and dealing with trash better than the 10 inch. Would you guys agree with that or am I missing something. I am going to be using it in lakes looking for lost rings, coins and such. Since the coil is attached and cannot be changed out I want to get the most versatile coil. What are your thoughts?

Mike

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the 8" Mike. You won't miss anything, and it is much easier to use underwater. :skullflag:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the Tiger Shark a few weeks ago. I got the 8" coil as well. Have only used it on land playing around with it so far, but plan on getting it in the water this coming spring. Good luck!

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck with the new Tiger! I'm probably going to get one for the upcoming season. I did some (very) shallow water hunting with the Mojave this year and had some good finds that made me want to do more in the water. But all the while I was thinking: "I'm flirting with disaster here." Just one misstep and I would have had a soggy Mojo... A real water machine is the way to go.

-Kitz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread