Which Tesoro Detector Is Preferable For My Needs?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would get a Mojave, or an 8" Compadre. If not, get the Silver Sabre - Good Luck!:skullflag:

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Ham

Apr 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your suggestions terry. I like the simplicity of the compadre but I also desire/prefer a pinpoint feature which it doesn't have. Wish there was a mod for that.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your suggestions terry. I like the simplicity of the compadre but I also desire/prefer a pinpoint feature which it doesn't have. Wish there was a mod for that.

You don't need a pinpoint feature for Tesoro machines. They are that accurate. :skullflag:

OP
OP
H

Ham

Apr 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand about their accuracy but I still like the pinpoint feature.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new or used Mojave I would think is just as good as a Silver.
If you can do NEW the warranty is worth it.
And also like Terry said with a Concentric coil on a Tesero pinpoint is right in the middle. I never needed pinpoint on my golden sabre II.

I would get a Mojave, or an 8" Compadre. If not, get the Silver Sabre - Good Luck!:skullflag:

OP
OP
H

Ham

Apr 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for your responses.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the one thing I never have issues with when using my tesoros is pinpointing. Even with the 12x10 on my tesoro. X the target and it's always in the middle.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wat is pinpointing ?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Wat is pinpointing ?

Zeroing in on a target location before you dig.
Most would rather dig small, efficient, neat holes than big messy ones.

A handheld pinpointer is used for this task too but many detectors have a pinpoint button or trigger that does the job more than well using the coil.
Some Tesoros have this feature and some don't.
Neither my Compadre or Mojave do, my Vaquero did but I rarely used it except on a few of the deepest targets.
The ability this brand has to home in on targets to the inch just by making a few swift side to side passes over it is laser-like and pretty amazing when you see it in action.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My lowly Tesoro Cibola got two gold coins plus a good bit of 10k and 14k jewelry out of mainly dry sand and also wet salt sand. First gold coin was from a shipwreck a few years ago. You will also get the pulltabs, but it works really well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread