Any whispers of a 2018 model from Tesoro?

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck i sent my golden µmax back yesterday to have it checked out. I bought it on 9/21/2001 and it's really all i need along with the Compadre i got about the same time. Most of the used units really hold their value and that say's a lot. Every company brings out something new and Tesoro is no different. Even Cracker Jacks comes in an easy opening bag now:happysmiley: No prize though!

Feb 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Mojave, Garret AT Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Tesoros; however, I would like to see some added features. Tone discrimination and waterproofed housing would be a nice start. I own both the Vaquero and the Cortes. The Cortes has some neat features but it’s a really chatty machine. I prefer the Vaquero 9 times out of 10.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Tesoros; however, I would like to see some added features. Tone discrimination and waterproofed housing would be a nice start. I own both the Vaquero and the Cortes. The Cortes has some neat features but it’s a really chatty machine. I prefer the Vaquero 9 times out of 10.

So far Im tickled with my new Liberator. Has the adjustable tone break. I can set it anywhere from zero to just below a quarter so that anything below is a low tone and anything above is high tone.

And I'd buy a waterproof Compadre tomorrow.....

OP
OP
H

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
So far Im tickled with my new Liberator. Has the adjustable tone break. I can set it anywhere from zero to just below a quarter so that anything below is a low tone and anything above is high tone.

And I'd buy a waterproof Compadre tomorrow.....

That adjustable tone break feature is all I really want, as far as something new on a Tesoro. Tesoro has had this feature before on the Pantera. Move the red button to a toggle switch like the Tejon, and you have room for a tone break adjustment nob on the Vaquero or Outlaw.

Regardless, I will be buying a new Vaquero before summer... i am just plain tired of reading how great this machine is, gotta try one for myself!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That adjustable tone break feature is all I really want, as far as something new on a Tesoro. Tesoro has had this feature before on the Pantera. Move the red button to a toggle switch like the Tejon, and you have room for a tone break adjustment nob on the Vaquero or Outlaw.

Regardless, I will be buying a new Vaquero before summer... i am just plain tired of reading how great this machine is, gotta try one for myself!

I have the latest (as far as I know) updates and DST whatever on my F75. In my garden, the Vaquero is still banging out a good high tone when the F75 is grunting iron or spitting.

I have a new Vaquero, it was too pretty to use so I found a dirty one on ebay for 325 I think it was last year. To me it's the deepest single 9v machine out there; I'm tired of swinging 4 or 8 AA machines weighing 50-100% or more than the Vaquero.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Tesoro went the way of all the other companies, they would just be another company.
I like what they are. I like what they make. I like their detectors.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be what I would call a huge change at the Prescott Tesoro factory, within the next three or four months. It is going to be interesting to see how Vince leads the Company into this new era. :skullflag:
What is the latest news about huge changes? Are they coming out with a new detector this year?

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
their detectors i read someone say on this forum are 'like golf clubs' a different model to meet a need and each one has a similar or different kHz operating frequency, if they released only one new multi kHz detector they would have to discontinue 90 percent of their detectors now for sale, its the only logical solution because all their other single kHz detectors would become obsolete and useless within their company. If they did this they would then have the 'one' main detector multi frequency of all time because i think tesoro builds great products and has a great name for their company and detector products. The question now is... is the company willing to risk 90 percent of their detectors for one detector or possibly could be transformed into a company that sets an example for the detecting industry and starts a new line of way better multi freq detector and discontinues all ten detectors in line from compadre.....to.....cortes, leaving only the focus on having the best new waterproof multi freq detector along with sand shark(which evolves into something such as 'ultimate shark'-the best saltwater pi ever created) and heck they should just kick the tiger shark out while they're at it and just focus on just two water detectors with different technologies(multi freq and pi) and just sell only two best detectors- the best waterproof multi freq detector(then expand from that detector down the future making it better and better) and the second- the best waterproof pi detector(then expand that product into the future making it better and better)....

we all see what's happening with equinox... its obsoleting other detectors i think because its a new multi freq and seems simple, i think for detector companies to stay in the game they have to keep it simple and have a great 'bang' for the buck... this is why tesoro for me is a good company to pull this off because they've always kept it a simple theme(gold, western, cowboys, bandits) now i personally think they should simply simplify more... get their line of 12 detectors down to 2 or 3 total then when they have little to focus on, the details can be seen better and more efforts in their manufacturing department will be geared towards the 'bang' aspect of their few new detectors

While i lived in cali i liked eating at in n out burger because for me it tasted great, good price and it was simple as they only had two meals to choose from- burgers or fries, they were always busy, waiting 20 mins in the drive thru, somehow always in demand like how the equinox is now, i don't have an equinox but what i've seen from videos its... simple with a 'bang' at a great price

this rant just took off and reflects my personal wants and what i want is to have both the best multi freq detector and best pi detector-period...at a reasonable price, some people have 2 or more detectors but i just don't want to keep collecting i just want 2- multi freq-pi that covers all ground...simple,shallow/deep

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i believe tesoro as a company already has half of the puzzle covered- they have detectors with simplicity offered with a lifetime warranty, now they need the other half which is the 'KA-BOOM' factor in their detectors

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I out hunt minelabs all the time with my Tesoro Golden uMax. In trash? In nails? Forget about it.

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No news so far.

I hear the staff at Tesoro use DeepTech units and wonder why they are so good. To compete all new Tesoros will be made in China and sold for 50% less than current pricing.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't surprise me if it came down to that. With this push to buy foreign detectors, the American companies are going to suffer. I'm sure some people going on incessantly about the Malaysia detectors would be the first to tell you that you should be driving a GM, Ford or Chrysler! LOL!

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's to hoping they don't outsource :occasion14: as I'd like to make my next detector American made. Have a patriot now, debating on a high tone vaquero or waiting a bit to see if there is any secret sauce left in the tesoro vault.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard they are going to announce the release of the Cazador next week!

OP
OP
H

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread