Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Greetings !
ani_tiphat.gif

#1..Does the Compadre (5.75" coil model) have a concentric/coplanar coil ?

#2..Does the search coil include a TX, RX and a Bucking coil ?

#3..Can anyone provide a photo showing inside this coil and how the windings are arranged ?

Thanks,

ToddB64

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s a concentric and can use Tesoro’s other 5 pin coils. Some folks have added a connector so coils can be easily swapped, but I wouldn’t bother doing that. Just get a Mojave..

I’ve never opened one up, so no idea what the innards look like. ^_^

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Todd! Pick up your telephone, and call (928) 771-2646 - ask for Vince Gifford. :skullflag:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They epoxy most of their coils, so seeing inside would involve breaking the coil.

But +1 for Terry's suggestion. Best bet is straight from the horse's mouth

OP
OP
ToddB64

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi ! :hello:

Sorry I'm late reporting this; I called Tesoro on 5-19-2018 and was switched to Vince Gifford for answers to my questions and his answers are colored blue below.

Question #1...Does the Compadre (5.75" coil model) have a concentric/coplanar coil ? His answer was "Yes". (See definitions below.)

DEFINITIONS:
Concentric...having a common axis...Coaxial.
Coplanar...Lying in the same plane.

Question #2...Does the search coil include a TX, RX and a "Bucking" coil ? His answer was "Yes".

I've included attachments below to give visual and textual aids to help make the above definitions and understanding a "Bucking" coil easier. Vince prefers to call it a "balancing" or "tuning" coil.

Also, I want to thank Carl Moreland and George Overton of Geotech Forums for the attached paragraphs and the Fig. 5-20 photo which are shown in their co-authored book Inside the Metal Detector and also available to the general public as a pdf document on the Internet at :http://www.geotech1.com/pages/metdet/info/coils.pdf

The top-left "Concentric Coplaner" photo I picked up somewhere else off the Internet, but don't remember where at the moment.

Hope this was interesting to someone.

ToddB64

Attachments

• Search Coil Concentric_Coplanar.png
    Search Coil Concentric_Coplanar.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 447
  • Concentric - Coplaner  Coil  Paragraph.jpg
    Concentric - Coplaner Coil Paragraph.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Photo to Explain the Bucking Coil.jpg
    Photo to Explain the Bucking Coil.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 582
  • Bucking Coil Paragraph.jpg
    Bucking Coil Paragraph.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are all tesoro concentric coils like this or only on the compadre 5.75'' coil?... what about compadre with 8'' coil?

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the stock 8*9 coil on vaquero and if i get a 5.75'' or 8'' round concentric for it it is part of the delta coil family, but does question #1 and #2 apply for all the round concentric type coils delta and epsilon or only for compadre as it has no defined coil family? if this is the case than i would rather pay about 50 bucks more to get the compadre with a 5.75'' or 8'' coil since it has 12khz and also better disc instead of just getting a extra smaller round concentric coil for the vaquero

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread