What makes Tesoro.. Tesoro over the rest.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of three things that comes to mind right away are Customer Service, Life Time Warranty, Quality Detectors, in your mind today what makes choosing Tesoro your #1 choice vs the competitors.

For me it is the type of detector 1st, then, Warranty, then customer service.

I know from what I hear Tesoro has the best customer service why would this not be higher then the rest?

I will tell you why...#1 they make a great long lasting, durable, hard working machine that does not quit or ever stop, 2nd because of this they back it up by a Life Time Warrany...why not because really they are like 'Matag' hard working never needing a service man. With that said because they know that customer service is a sinch...they will take care of you knowing whatever your issue is and to me that is a no hastle service guarantee.

Tesoro moto 'Quality Built Metal Detectors Backed With A Lifetime Warranty'

Tesoro does not chane much over the years and I am grateful for this as I believe the above motto to me is very similar to 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'.

Cheers everyone!

Last edited:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The quality i can back up. During the years i had +- 20 detectors from different brands like Fisher, Minelab,Teknetics,Garrett etc. The only brand i never had an isssue with concerning build quality and defects is Tesoro. Keep in mind that all my Tesoro detectors i bought were second hand and they already had a life before i bought them. Never had a brand like Tesoro with such good build quality. At the moment i still own 5 Tesoro's.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never successfully broken a Tesoro. I had my first one about 1986. Something like that. They have been awesome. Tough as nails. My first one I got back then, which someone else has now, STILL WORKS and has never been back to the factory for repairs! And they find stuff!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simple, light, economical - and yes, they do find stuff!
No doubt other more modern brands work well too, but I’m quite comfortable using my favorite Tesoros.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have the best audio in the business. It sounds like you are directly connected to the target.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One major point not mentioned so far is Light Weight. I'm crowding 77 and swinging a heavy machine isn't desirable anymore and the current line of Tesoros still find as much as they ever did, making them just plain fun to use.
luvsdux

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One major point not mentioned so far is Light Weight. I'm crowding 77 and swinging a heavy machine isn't desirable anymore and the current line of Tesoros still find as much as they ever did, making them just plain fun to use.
luvsdux

Of course I could I forget about the light weight and ergonomics Tesoro brings to the table.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was all about iron discrimination for me. My AT PRO and T2 were driving me crazy with chatter in nail sites and I started reading about Tesoro specifically because it was analog vs the digital machines that I was used to. So I bought a used golden and I've never gone back. All those other qualities mentioned by previous posters are nice but it was all about iron discrimination for me. Quiet is better than constant, unrelenting noise.

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was all about iron discrimination for me. My AT PRO and T2 were driving me crazy with chatter in nail sites and I started reading about Tesoro specifically because it was analog vs the digital machines that I was used to. So I bought a used golden and I've never gone back. All those other qualities mentioned by previous posters are nice but it was all about iron discrimination for me. Quiet is better than constant, unrelenting noise.

Yeah I agree with you on the noise other machines give out over crap in the ground.
Tesoro run sweet!

Jun 6, 2018
Hertfordshire
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Laser Trident 2, Fisher F19
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
luvsdux

The light weight is one of the things i like so much too, it doesn’t matter if you are a big boy, swinging anything all day long will take its toll.

Even in the post Equinox world, my Tesoro’s do all of the important things very well so i am not ready to jump ship just yet. In fact, i could of bought a Nox six weeks ago, i chose a Tejon instead. The Tesoro’s have proven themselves over decades, over here in the UK though the Nox has been well received, but there are plenty of reports about floppy stem poles, technical glitches etc, people selling em after a few weeks, so i will wait to years end before i decide whether the Nox really is the detector that changed it all (i am open minded on it, though). Getting back to Tesoro’s though, they are like a good athlete, they are strong in pretty much all of the really important categories. They have a good spread of skills you might say. The simple spec that enhances the reliability is key to that for me. I would only ever buy one of the more expensive digital machines as an ‘experiment’, so if i had computer update hassles or the coil wouldn’t charge after a few months on one of the wonder machines, i could grab my Tejon or Trident from the boot of my car. I remain open minded on the newer technology though, i really do, just need to see concrete proof before i accept that it really has obsoleted the older pretenders.....

Last edited:

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For me it's the fun factor. It beeps I dig. I'm not staring at a VDI number for two minutes swinging back and forth trying to decide if I'm going dig or not.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
My Outlaw was my first Tesoro and I absolutely love it. I was a dedicated Explorer SE Pro user and the Outlaw can do everything it could do and I have more fun with it. No screen made me a better detectorist.
In over 22 years I've never had a single problem with any of my machines.
So it's quality detectors for me since I've never had to use my warranty or needed customer service. Tesoro is awesome.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's the fun factor. It beeps I dig. I'm not staring at a VDI number for two minutes swinging back and forth trying to decide if I'm going dig or not.

Agreed, too often I've dug the target and moved on and one of my buddies is fiddling over his target....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made a lot of money with my Tesoro machines. Rusty Henry has retired. :skullflag:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread is making me want to take out my Tejon out again and blow some cobwebs off of it.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, you had mentioned some changes were coming to Tesoro. Is Rusty's retirement what you were referring to?

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Don't make the mistake I did and lose the receipt! I bought my Tiger Shark new about ten years ago from somebody here online that was up north.(I'm in Florida). I can't even remember who, so I could ask if they could look it up for me. At Tesoro, the girl, Natalie, was very helpful but couldn't find anything on my purchase, so I'm out $201.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, you had mentioned some changes were coming to Tesoro. Is Rusty's retirement what you were referring to?

That is certainly one of the biggest. :skullflag:

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've wandered away from the tesoro lineup many times only to regret it. Guess I cut my teeth on the analog, and that's where I'm hanging my hat from now on. (Hopefully)

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Out of three things that comes to mind right away are Customer Service, Life Time Warranty, Quality Detectors, in your mind today what makes choosing Tesoro your #1 choice vs the competitors.

For me it is the type of detector 1st, then, Warranty, then customer service.

I know from what I hear Tesoro has the best customer service why would this not be higher then the rest?

I will tell you why...#1 they make a great long lasting, durable, hard working machine that does not quit or ever stop, 2nd because of this they back it up by a Life Time Warrany...why not because really they are like 'Matag' hard working never needing a service man. With that said because they know that customer service is a sinch...they will take care of you knowing whatever your issue is and to me that is a no hastle service guarantee.

Tesoro moto 'Quality Built Metal Detectors Backed With A Lifetime Warranty'

Tesoro does not chane much over the years and I am grateful for this as I believe the above motto to me is very similar to 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'.

Cheers everyone!

this is "dead nuts" accurate!..short of pitchin' them into a fire,they are extremely well built...IF you learn the tesoros
language,
you will be having so much fun,you won't want another detector!..understand what the tesoro is telling you,and reap the rewards!
analog designs are NOT obsolete,just another way to accomplish the same thing!..find treasure!
life time warranty?WHO gives a lifetime warranty on anything much less a metal detector..well!..guess what?
tesoro DOES! 'nuff said..this proves the detectors worth,and value,ESPECIALLY at the lower end..compadre,silver u-max,and the
"sleeper" the mojave....tesoros work,always have,always will!..they find good sh*T,and will do that for a long,long, time!
what's NOT to like?..learn the nuances of the audio,and you will have a "ton" of fun!..it breaks,they fix it free!..nuthin' else to say!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions