Sellers Remorse

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I've got the Nox flue and it looks like the only cure is to bite the bullet. I have taken Terry's advise about selling off my Tesoro's and getting the Nox. So far I've sold of my Outlaw and my Vaquero, but I am finding it very difficult to get rid of my Tiger Shark. My Tiger's is like an old friend it has found near $5,000 in melt for me and that not counting what Moma claimed. I may have to keep it until the Nox becomes my newest buddy. The Mojave is staying put I love that little booger it can do amazing things and I would be lost without it. so over the next few weeks I plan on getting the Nox and maybe someday I'll sell my old friend.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to get rid of everything. You always need a backup machine. My lowly Cibola went out to play the other day and nailed a Washington Inaugural button, and as we all know, it's a beep and go.

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the mistake of selling a few good machines to get on the nox train. If I could hit the undo button, I would. Glad I kept my stable of tesoros or I would be slipping a toaster in the tub with me tonight..lol I would hang on to any detector that you know you like till you see if the nox scratches the itch. Good luck.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter what new machine you get, always keep a back up. Preferably the best machine you have, get rid of the low end or unused ones.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder if the Equinox is better than the Outlaw for finding jewelry? :dontknow:

The Outlaw has found me many nice jewelry pieces over the years, even more than my other quality machines. :occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Professor remember rule #2, the stuff has to be in the ground to begin with. I have a Deus and the Tesoro Cibola. The Cibola found 3 of my CW buckles, my two best gold rings with ice, best gold coin and now a Gw button. The Deus has found 3 CW buckles, one gold coin, lesser value gold rings and on and on. I dig less foul and nails with the Dues but all in all they have been about equal in finds. There is $1000 difference in price between the two machines, go figure. You just have to get the loop over the target and dig iffy targets.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd never get rid of my Vaquero and the 5.75 concentric coil for it. No matter what other machine I would get at any price. To tell the truth, have not really see a reason to get another one anyhow. Though the "Nox" is mighty tempting, just has not been out long enough for me. Yeah, there's a big hype now because it's pretty new and like all the other "wonderful" machines that have come out in the past 5 or so years that I had the opportunity to try for a bit. Always felt the Vaq is a good detector and when I got that small coil for it, I feel like, do I really need something else because It does work well compared to some of the other over hyped units that come out...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does come down to need versus want. Just always best to have a backup machine no matter which brand it is.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately I have a small house and only have two machines.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a proven Tiger Shark, then there is no point in buying a replacement unless you are going to upgrade.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"if it's a sickness, I don't want to be well" hahaha
It's a healthy sickness until you break in cemeteries or dig up the police station lawn....:dontknow:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a dose of reality about technology.

I've owned some awesome high tech machines - still in my stable. Yeah, the monstrous CTX, and others dating to the 80's. And YES I have an EQ800 on order.

I took the lowly Tesoro Tejon out today - only lasted about 20 minutes due to the heat - got a whole too pennies and retreated in the face of sunstroke.

I've thousands of hours on the CTX, Etrac, the lower evolutions. But I found my first gold in 30 years using the Tejon.

Really it's about getting over the target and choosing to dig it.

We shouldn't complicate what we're doing. I hated my ACE250 - but it would have found everything I've found in the dirt. As for water - that's a whole different universe...

I do love my Excal - I can't drown it and it is very deep and capable.

Learn to trust whatever machine you are using, and then choose where you wish to go from there.

Moral of the story, I've spent far more than most seeking the best, and using them. Once upon a time I had the bucks to do that.

Now I'm retired and most often on the dirt I use a capable beep & dig machine.

That's just the way life and love evolves -

My very honest opinion.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had that kind of itch before but the only time scratching that itch really paid off for me was when it involved Tesoro machines. I think I formed a Vulcan mind - meld with my golden.

OP
OP
goodtimecharlie

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The Nox will be in addition to the Tiger Shark. I think the tiger and I are attached at the hip I've had it since 2010 and have found a lot of Gold with it and I am still using it. I still want the Nox and will use it to water hunt some. I've always wanted to hit the saltwater at some point and the Tiger is not a great machine for that. I plan on getting a Nox order this weekend.

OP
OP
goodtimecharlie

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I wonder if the Equinox is better than the Outlaw for finding jewelry? :dontknow:

The Outlaw has found me many nice jewelry pieces over the years, even more than my other quality machines. :occasion14:

My Tiger has found me just south of $5,000 in gold melt since 2010. I have found Gold with other detectors, but nothing like the Tiger. I remember taking it to a hunted out park one day because it was raining and pulled a gold class ring. I'm going to keep the Tiger who knows I may not like the Nox.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say I have or had a bit of tech itch. That's why I have my Turkish machines. I like them!! But it doesn't mean I like my Tesoros any less.
To me it's like when I smoked cigarettes. I'd also go to a cigar bar and enjoy a cigar. But even in the middle of a cigar I'd still have to go smoke a cigarette. They aren't the same thing even though they essentially are.

Using my Tesoros and using my Turkish machines are separate things to me but equally enjoyable. I tend to use my Tesoros more but still love both.

Not sure if that makes sense or means anything, but I haven't added to the topic at hand yet besides my comments that had nothing to do about the topic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread