Tesoro headphones upgrade?

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone fit sharks with upgraded headphones. Somehow I severed the hell out of my headphone cables and with the factory layoff I was thinking this would be a good opportunity to upgrade the headphones if possible. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this, or anyone that can do it?

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tesoro service department is still working. All this talk about Tesoro going out of business is not true, although stopping production for now does seem to be a reality.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are still doing repair work. Just sent them a coil for repair. But I would think you could install a pair of grey ghost amphibians on the shark pretty easy yourself.

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I changed my headphones out on my Tiger Shark myself. I did not like the stock phones so I cut the cord off near the headphones and solder on a new one sealed it with heat shrink. I replaced mine with a pair of Koss Q99's witch are not waterproof, but I don't dive so they work great. You could add any type of headphone pretty easy yourself.

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info/advice guys. I managed to get the mangled ones out and am gonna swap for some grey ghosts. A little nervous to cut the wire on a $150 pair of headphones but it's cheaper than the $700 it would take me to get a new machine to me and the grey ghosts are pretty nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread