Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve only taken the Eldorado umax on one short hunt so far, but I decided on its first upgrade. I ordered the monster 12x10 concentric and cover today. Hoping to use it just for old home sites and schoolyard permissions that are field and pasture. I tend to find things from surface to 12+ inches at these sites. Hoping I can return to the areas where I’ve cleared shallow stuff and see what’s deeper. I know it’s got a place here. Thoughts?

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a 12x10" with one of my used Tesoros. It came with the 8 foot cable, so I've been mostly using it for shallow water hunting. It seems to work pretty well and get good depth, though it can be chattier than the 9x8" coil. As you'd expect, it's also heavier, but I could still swing it in water for a couple of hours without getting tired. I plan to use it for beach hunting while on vacation later this winter. It should be able to get the deeper stuff you're after, as long as there isn't too much shallow trash in the way.

-Ken

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah I will be sure to focus on the quieter spots at my sites. Thinking using all metal and digging light threshold bumps in my oldest fields. A couple of my Missouri permissions are right around 1800-1830. They are pasture now. Unbroken ground. At least for several decades. As of now I have never even detected them.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The monster is here and mounted up. Can’t even turn her on in the basement, way to chatty. I will have it out Sunday all day. I will let you guys know what it finds. D900698B-B0DC-481B-B487-8C6A596BD13A.jpeg I shortened the lower rod, there is enough weight to justify that.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well i did go out with this coil today. But didn’t use it! Was forced to stay in the timber which won’t work with a spoked 12x10. So it was the vaquero riding shotgun today with the 5.75 concentric. Tough diggin. Not much found today.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero