Got a call from Tesoro today

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
I got home from work to find a message from Tesoro saying my Tiger Shark was being mailed out today and should have it by weekend. I sent it in about 3 months ago and have had no contact with anyone. I was getting worried that Id never see it again. I will update when I get it, that sure does make me feel better.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to be a scam call......

Kidding of course. Congrats!

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. May I ask why you sent it in? I'm having issues with my tejon.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought two new Tejons. Guess I'll send the warranty cards in.

OP
OP
SWFLA

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
I have owned this Tiger Shark for 8 years and it has always performed well on gulf beaches getting around 8 inch depth or better and able to pick up an earring back with ease. It started losing depth over the last year or so till it was down to about 1-2 inches and my sons Bounty hunter was running circles around it. I did all the adjustment but couldnt fix it. Also my headphone wire was coming apart at the cup.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe Tesoro will somehow recover or at the very least be purchased by a company that wants to preserve the idea of why they made detectors in the first place. I must admit I'm interested in screens and such, as it is in my nature to tinker and "see" things because I am a visual person. I had a Tesoro Cortes once upon a time. It seemed to be a good unit. But I wanted more visuals. Hear good things about some of their units. Wish em the best.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a fleet of expensive machines, and access to others, I just bought two Tesoro Tejons. Some dealer advertisement is misleading. I am using the word "misleading" very carefully.

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my cibola back yesterday after 4 months. you did better than me.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I got home from work to find a message from Tesoro saying my Tiger Shark was being mailed out today and should have it by weekend. I sent it in about 3 months ago and have had no contact with anyone. I was getting worried that Id never see it again. I will update when I get it, that sure does make me feel better.

looks like they are still "kickin' it!
the news of their 'demise" is "premature!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

OP
OP
SWFLA

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Update: I finally got my Tiger Shark back from Tesoro, they replaced the coil and headphones. I took it out for a beach hunt and it ran better than ever. I hope those waiting on their machine to be returned have the same outcome as I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions