Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can anyone tell me if the pins that would fit in the control housing side connector are crimp on and then seat in the connection body like an auto connector? I want to rig it up with a connector I think. That way I donā€™t have to permanently mount one. Somewhere I saw the part numbers for the connector and pins a long time ago. Anyone using a compadre this way? I think it would be really interesting with a 4ā€ coil in some trash.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you mean the white, 5 pin concentric, it will work about the same as the brown (or white) 8ā€ donut.
Yes white 9x8

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tejon went dead... power getting too circuit board... do you repair?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II Ī¼MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Tejon went dead... power getting too circuit board... do you repair?

I would try contacting the guy on here who used to work at Tesoro. Maybe he can steer you in the right direction regarding repair.
If it were mine, Iā€™d break out the multimeter and start at the batteries, then work toward the on/off/sensitivity switch. Could be something simple like corroded terminal(s), broken wire, bad or dirty switch.. The circuitboard electronics donā€™t fail often - if it was kept dry.

Edit: just thought Iā€™d add - make sure your batteries are making good contact inside their funky holders. Reason I mention this is ā€˜cause I got an itch to take my Tejon out today, put in some fresh Duracells and - nothing. Pulled each battery pack out and checked with the multimeter - 6.37v on the first pack, nothing on the second pack! The Duracells are a tight fit in there, so after rolling ā€˜em with my thumb and making certain the + end is pushed well up to the contact spot, I now had 6.3v on that pack too. Put both in and it fired right up. Duracells (and probably others too) are a snug fit in the holders, even with the springs trying to push ā€˜em into position. Itā€™s usually something simple.

Last edited:

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The numbers for the 5 pin male coil cable plug are SL405 MX or SL415 MX.
The numbers for the 5 pin female control housing plug are SL175F or SL405 FX.
A spring for strain relief has the number SL05.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The numbers for the 5 pin male coil cable plug are SL405 MX or SL415 MX.
The numbers for the 5 pin female control housing plug are SL175F or SL405 FX.
A spring for strain relief has the number SL05.

Thank you for this information!!! Now without looking inside, are the wires the same color on the control side as the coil side? Or is there a pinout diagram?

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
With a little searching, seems to be kinda common sadly with the compadre and 8ā€ coil. I have come across a handful of similar accounts of this... hopefully I figure it out, itā€™s a great little detector for quick revealing hunts to see what a new site is all about. And like all Tesoros itā€™s super light and balanced perfectly. Mine will clean the dirt down to 6ā€ pretty easy.

mojave,a "juiced" compadre will clean everything down to 8"
with the outrageous little "precision 7"..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread