tesoro tiger shark?

metalman

Dec 16, 2004
franklin square new york
hi all, just wanted to ask a few questions. i have a minelab excalibur which i have had for about 14 years. and i am going to buy another machine maybe the tiger shark. has anyone used one in salt water before? and is it very stable. i was planning to buy the excalibur 2. but like tesoros lifetime warranty. and interchangeable search coils. that is why i own a cibola which i use for club hunts. but the excalibur has been very good to me over the years with very little problems. the reason why i am interested in buying a new MD is that i want a back up machine just in case i have a problem with with my excalibur. P.I.'s are not for me too many little pieces of wire here in new york. thank you all very much for your help. any other detectors that you think might meet my needs please mention them because i'm not set on one particular manufacturer or model yet.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with the Excal and use the Tiger Shark as a back up, though sometimes it's the only one I take out. The Tiger is not as deep as a Excal, almost nothing is except a PI. The Tiger can sound off on thin gold chains, someting most others can't do. This being said, it can find BB's and bird shot. It has a saltwater mode switch for the saltwater. It might false in the very shallow where the waves wash over the coil but a little deeper or on dry land your fine. It's the black sand and saltwater together that bother all machines, even PI's.

If your not going under water, the Sov GT is about the same price and very deep. Like a land version of the Excal only with extra features.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
If you have a Excal then the Tiger is avery good backup to it. The Excal II is a little more stable than the Excal.Let me know if you need any more help with your decision.
TonyinCT
TC Metal Detectors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread