Tesoro Conquistador

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a Tesoro Conquistador with the Shadow X-2 7 inch coil for a good price. I got it primarily for the freq shifter in preparation for competition hunts this year.

Any hints, advice and or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

What is the best coil for it? What is the best large coil for it.

Thanks and good hunting............

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
I just picked up a Tesoro Conquistador with the Shadow X-2 7 inch coil for a good price. I got it primarily for the freq shifter in preparation for competition hunts this year.

Any hints, advice and or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

What is the best coil for it? What is the best large coil for it.

Thanks and good hunting............

The Tesoro Conquistador with stock coil should make a very good competition machine. At these hunts finds are mostly shallow so it would do fine.

The C will get better ground coverage and much better depth with the 12x10 concentric web coil.

The Conquistador is about the same in depth as the Silver uMax. Most coins detect well down to about 5 inches deep. With the 12x10 you're looking at about 8 inches.

I'm not sure why but that 12x10 gives the uMax type Tesoros their best depth. However, it's heavier and makes the machines off balance.

Badge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread