Which Tesoro is best for south florida beaches

BeachMOM

Aug 10, 2008
Hello,

My son has been using a MD since, he was six and now he wants to upgrade from his white's to something better for the beaches. He is 16 now and I'm looking to spend around 500.00 and not sure which MD to consider however, he really wants a Tesoro. Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best Tesoro for the money.

Thanks for your help!

BeachMom

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he stays in the dry sand most any Tesoro will do, but because of the rough envirenment the Tiger Shark is the one to use. It has a saltwater mode too for the wet sand. Don't turn up the sensitivity.

A much better detector around the same price is the Minelab Sovereign GT. It is not waterproof, but is very deep and handles the wet sand much better than most detectors. It's waterproof version is called the Excal, but it runs over $1,000 new.

Since he is young and can dig deep holes, the Sand Shark by Tesoro is very good, but it loves to find Iron and has almost no disc.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Tiger Shark for the water and wet sand. I use a Silver Umax when I'm hunting the dry sand. You put the 3x18 clean sweep coil on the Umax and you can cover a lot of beach on each swing.

OP
OP
B

BeachMOM

Aug 10, 2008
Thank you all for your imput I will make my purchase with all your information in mind. :icon_sunny:

Happy Hunting :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread