Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey pgg,
Port A is a hit or miss kinda beach. Have found some nice stuff in the past there...just make sure you get your beach pass if your gonna park on the beach. You have almost 22 miles of beach to play on...just stay off the state park "Malaquite" and the National Seashore and you'll have lots of diggin & fun.
Kieth

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH
That stretch of beach between the Marine Institute and Caldwell Pier is heavily
travelled. Which may fruitful. The dunes south of Caldwell Pier has been visited
by many a modest teen looking to change clothes or perhaps steal a kiss.
Arrrgh! reminds me of me younger days.....

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver
You could go hunting for the lost Barquentine ship.... ;)

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Ok piccman and mirinman yalls avitars have me real confused here. yall huntin buddies?

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
yeah, we're twins.....just different biological parents!!!!

(psst) i'm the one with the mustache!

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver
PICCman said:
yeah, we're twins.....just different biological parents!!!!

(psst) i'm the one with the mustache!

But I have a mustache, too! ---- Okay, I modified my avvie.

--
Matthew
Brownwood, TX

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Castro,

To the best of my knowledge, there are no restrictions for metal detectors on the city beach in Port Aransas which runs from just south of Horace Caldwell pier (near Lantana St) to Marker 62 at the city limits (La Mirage Condominiums).
Other sections of the beach (Nueces County, Mustang Island State Park, and Corpus Christi city beaches) may have restrictions but I am not familiar with their operations.
Best of luck on your detector hunt and I hope you and the group have an enjoyable visit to the island.
Gary
Gary MysorskiDirector
Parks & Recreation
Port Aransas, TX
361-749-4158
361-749-3030 fax
[email protected]

I emailed this gentalman last night about hunting Port A. and this is his responce. I will do more resaerch as to other areas to hunt and post replies. hope this helps.
Im going to make extra copies of this letter and have it with us......just in case any over zealous beach patrol questions us.

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Thank you for the re-affirmation. You're a credit to us all.
Can't go this weekend...as I'll be in Austin, but soon I hope.
See ya'll there...and don't forget...I'm the one with the mustache.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1)Metal detecting on the beach is allowed only on the beach in the County Parks (not the campgrounds). We have the I B Magee Beach Park in Port Aransas and the Padre Balli Park on Padre Island. I can not speak for the City of Port Aransas or Corpus Christi beaches.Good Luck,
Alana Scott
Nueces County Parks
361-949-8121
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)There are no rules against metal detectors on the Beach of Mustang Island. It is open to the public. You will probably want to get a parking permit for the beach which you can pick up at any convenience store, our local grocer the IGA Family Center, or here at the Chamber of Commerce. Dogs are allowed on our beach (they just must be kept on a leash), pick up all your trash after yourself, and no fires bigger than three ft. in diameter. If you follow all these rules, you will be alright on our beach and I believe the same goes for the beach in N. Padre.
Thank you for your interest in Port Aransas. Visit our website for more information regarding places to stay, things to do and much more. All the brochures are downloadable and printable for your convenience. Have a great day!
Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce
403 W. Cotter
Port Aransas, Tx 78373
www.portaransas.com
1-800-45-COAST, fax: 361-749-4672

These are the last two responses that my buddy got to his emails. this should cover a great part of the beach from the jetties on through Mustang Island. hope this info helps. it certainly answers alot of questions about where to hunt. ive heard for a long time that MDing was totally off limits on any Texas coast..................boy were they wrong.
Thanks Mark (Goldlust) for your work and help on this. Great job
If we get a response from Corpus Christi i will certainly pass it along.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread