Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean to tell me that a Texas county commissioner has the authority to do this? Looks to me like it would take some kind of legal process other than just someone's word. I'd check that out. Monty

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Monty said:
Do you mean to tell me that a Texas county commissioner has the authority to do this? Looks to me like it would take some kind of legal process other than just someone's word. I'd check that out. Monty

Next will be someone getting the dog walkers banned because they saw someone not pickup the poop. Or the playground areas closed because a kid got hurt falling on the sharp trash items in the woodchips.

TexasDeere

Jan 20, 2009
Spring, TX
Dimeman,

You have done a great job of attracting the appropriate kind of attention to this matter. Keep the heat on. I tried to help in writing to Jerry Eversole but got the same form letter response.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
TexasDeere said:
Dimeman,

You have done a great job of attracting the appropriate kind of attention to this matter. Keep the heat on. I tried to help in writing to Jerry Eversole but got the same form letter response.

Thanks for the support....but, it would be GREAT to get some more comments from all metal detector users, no matter where you are located, posted on the Houston Press Blog webpage... the link is listed above.

Anyone...Please add a comment.....even a short one. ...............

TexasDeere

Jan 20, 2009
Spring, TX
Dimeman said:
TexasDeere said:
Dimeman,

Thanks for the support....but, it would be GREAT to get some more comments from all metal detector users, no matter where you are located, posted on the Houston Press Blog webpage... the link is listed above.

I added a comment on the Houston Press blog.

Anyone...Please add a comment.....even a short one. ...............

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Dimeman said:
Thought you Harris County Texas treasure hunters would like to see this on the blog page of The Houston Press website.

Click on the link and please make a comment !!!!!!

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/02/metal_detectors_parks.php

I know there are more metal detector users that are in this area.......Please go to the page... read the blog article, sign your first name and put your comment there. We don't need to attack Precinct 4's decision or call any of the officials any names. We do need to bring to their attention ,the good that metal detectorists do for the parks and for the other park users. Help us try and get this ban lifted..... "The pen is mightier than the sword" We need to let them know there are more of us in number, than what they think.

Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread