Howdy to Texas Treasure Hunters!

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just wanted to say howdy to the Texas folks here! I live on the Texas Gulf Coast in Galveston County. I'm a married Grandma with family in the area. I moved back to Texas from northeastern California a couple of years ago and now I'm finally able to start detecting again! Shortly after moving here...I had a stoke (recovered now..thank God), then had an elderly mother living with me (she is now living with my brother), and then Hurricane Ike! Now things are getting somewhat back to normal and I'm ready to start detecting again! I was very active here on TNet, when I lived in CA and plan to be again here in Texas! Anybody that has detected down this way and has any leads...they would care to share...it would certainly be appreciated! I went down to the local fairgrounds the other day and that soil is pure gumbo...hard as a brick! I didn't stay long and didn't find much...I found more in my own yard! Mostly clad..but it's fun detecting again!
Do any of you folks in the Houston area ever meet and detect around the Galveston County area? I have a husband and sister that will go with me detecting...but it would be fun to meet others to swap stories and swing the detector sometime! I have an old BH but use my Ace 250! I found enough clad to pay for both of them! I love finding jewelry, relic hunting and coin shooting! Mainly I just love being out in nature and enjoying the thrill of the hunt! I look forward to making new Texas friends and hearing about all of your finds as well! Happy Hunting everyone!

Marcia the treasure_lady

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome home Marcia. Glad to hear your are back in Texas. I live in San Antonio but plan to go to Galveston this spring possibly summer.im recuperating from a busted ankle that i got of all things metal detecting. but that will never stop me from this great hobby. as soon as im better im going to get right back on the MD'ing horse again.
Hope you find someone to go with soon, its so much more fun that way. Good hunting :sunny:

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH
Welcome back home to TX. Hope you and your family get settled in with
minimal effort; sounds like the important things are out of the way and it's time
to have some fun time. Ahhh! the lure of treasure.

Personally I'd like to hear about an adventure or two while in northeastern
California. Were you a clad and trinket junkie or did you sniff out some gold?
Surely that Ace 250 knows what gold smells like.....

OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for the welcome broken arrow! Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you will be on the mend soon! Be sure to give us a holler when you are up and about and come down this way.
Thanks for your welcome Piccman! You can see in my avitar my best find: a black hills gold ring! I found gold rings, silver rings, gold medals, charms, earrings, tokens, wheaties, silver, tools, toys, what's its, and lots of coins (foreign and domestic), in Calfornia. I found them with my first detector my BH and then my Ace 250. I use to go everyday that there wasn't a lot of snow on the ground! I love the thrill of the hunt and I'm always surprised and delighted to find what lies just under my feet in a few inches of dirt! I also discovered that I have a certain amount of talent in painting watercolors (in my early 50's). It's never to late to pursue new interests and enjoy new paths in life! I love the beauty of nature and love to celebrate that beauty in my art! So now when I need to stay close to home due to circumstances or personal situations I can paint. When the opportunities open up for enjoying nature, I can paint plein air, take photos for references, hike, camp, fish or metal detect! Thanks for asking!

Happy Hunting
Marcia the treasure_lady

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Glad you made it back...sorry to hear about your troubles, tho....HH and have a good time

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to the biggest state in the lower 48,it smells like it's time for some BBQ!!

OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks oldgoat and produce guy, for the welcome back! Won't be long until we fire up the BBQ!

HH

Marcia the treasure_lady

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Howdy right back! Welcome back home!

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
................I have detected in many States.......but it is always good to just stay in the Best State in the Union...................WELCOME BACK HOME.............I like the idea of BBQ and Treasure Hunting......we ought to plan a BBQ Beach Hunt??.....................Joe

woodwizard

Mar 28, 2009
am planning a trip to galveston isle this summer to hunt and see an old friend from florida that moved there several years ago.send me a message maybe we can hit a beach togather for a hunt while there.you may even know the people I'm going to visit,her family has lived in that area for some time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread