• 05-19-2009 07;04;44PM.jpg
    05-19-2009 07;04;44PM.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 619

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
IF if was 10 to 1 you'd have yourself $10 dollars US. I'm not sure what the exchance rate is. I'm sure you can find a Casa de Cambio somewhere around San Antonio and get it exchanged.

JP

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Not worth much, but neat coin!

From Wikipedia:

Throughout most of the 20th century, the Mexican peso remained one of the most stable currencies in Latin America, since the economy did not experience periods of hyperinflation common to other countries in the region. However, after the Oil Crisis of the late 1970s, Mexico defaulted on its external debt in 1982 and experienced several years of inflation and devaluation until a government economic strategy called the "Stability and Economic Growth Pact" (Pacto de estabilidad y crecimiento económico, PECE) was adopted under President Carlos Salinas. On 1 January 1993, the Bank of Mexico introduced a new currency, the nuevo peso ("new peso", or MXN), written "N$" followed by the numerical amount. One new peso, or N$1.00, was equal to 1000 of the obsolete MXP pesos.
On January 1, 1996, the modifier nuevo was dropped from the name and new coins and banknotes – identical in every respect to the 1993 issue, with the exception of the now absent word "nuevo" – were put into circulation. The ISO 4217 code, however, remained unchanged as MXN.

Thanks to the stability of the Mexican economy and the growth in foreign investment, the Mexican peso is now among the 15 most traded currency units in the world, and is the most traded currency in Latin America. It has been fairly stable for the last few years; since the late 1990s the peso has traded at about $9 to $13 to the U.S. dollar.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the "old high value coinage money" is basically worthless now (they were exchanged 1000 for 1 new peso in 1993--- so back in 1993 that old peso 1000 coin would have been worth 1 new peso --- these days new pesos trade about 9 to 13 to a dollar so it would be about say 10 cents in "modern value" at say 10 new pesos for a dollar))--- today it seems no one wants to deal with any of the old mexican coin money and I think the "offical" exchange window peroid has been over for some time now .--- so its strictly has been "collector" money these days.

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
No Art, you can't quit your job with that coin, ha ha Didn't know they had that one, I've got the 100's also. Hope the family is doing fine. John

OP
OP
Cuerno

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well John everyone is fine here, hope your family is the same, well this week I found my first gold with the E-Trac, a gold cross
and a antigue silver ring. My wife has claim them both, I do like the E-Trac more than the Explorer II but I am
digging more screw caps with the E-Trac. The E-T has a great pinpoint mode and it locks on to targets quicker and helps to hunt trashy sites. I still have the X-Terra 70 that I haven't used in about a year and just might try a trade for a Tesoro Raccoon @#%*& I mean a Tejon. I do need a detector to hunt in wide open fields thats quick swinging and deep seeking like a Raccoon @#%*& I mean a Tejon. How far are you from Victoria, maybe we can meet up to see if I left any silver dollars at the old saloon. Happy Trails 2 U...

Attachments

• 05-20-2009 09;34;22PM.jpg
    05-20-2009 09;34;22PM.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 459

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Nice jewelry there Art. I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Victoria, just say when and I will meet you there. This Fisher F70 is alot more sensitive than my XT50 but it sure will go deep, much better for open field hunting. My wife has the same problem, all the gold rings that I have found, she has claimed, must be something in this Texas Air....Let me know about Victoria. Later, John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions