Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this thread has two subjects
I bought a delta metal detector the other day I know it's not a really expensive one it's only $300 I hope it does the job for me. I was wondering what you all thought of it.
the second is I live in the Rio Grande Valley Brownsville to be exact and I was wondering if there's anyone here in my area does metal detecting or his suggestion where to the hunt.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dusty I dont know anything about your detector and dont know if anyone is down in your area digging. But, I do know that id a person learns everything about the detector he has, the tones, the numbers, does a lot of garden testing, and hunts a lot with it, etc., they become pretty good with it. I am not a big believer in getting the most expensive and I hunt with a lot of different guys here in Houston using Minelabs, Garrett AT Pros and ACE350's, Fisher F5's and F75's, and I really dont believe any one machine is better overall than the other. It is the operator that makes the difference. Yes some machines have better features, a wider ability to discriminate, tuning ability but it is the operator that makes it work. So, get yourself some paint stick, and hot glue some targets to the end of it, mark them off in 1" increments and go to a volleyball court or sand area and stick them in the sand at different depths and learn the signals.

If you get up in the Houston area give us a shout and we sill see if we can get together for a hunt.

sounder

Greenie
Nov 29, 2012
south texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dusty, I live in starr county, hope to make it to spi in October. if I get the chance we can go hit up the beach there. there is places where you can and can't hunt there. anywhere in front of all the hotels I have heard you can. further up the island its protected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread