Texan Roll Call!

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just sitting in front of the Alamo, sucking on a raspa and checking out latinas. No problem finding treasures here...

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just sitting in front of the Alamo, sucking on a raspa and checking out latinas. No problem finding treasures here...

Cheater…….. Those treasures have done been found.:wink:

I hope your raspa leaks out the bottom. ::)

Take some pictures and post them. It’s been 40 years since I was at the Alamo.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm down in Spring TX near Houston. Also known as QKSVR on other forums.

Bsloan, I think you came by our booth at the Treasure Show a couple of years ago. Hope to see you again.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheater…….. Those treasures have done been found.:wink:

I hope your raspa leaks out the bottom. ::)

Take some pictures and post them. It’s been 40 years since I was at the Alamo.

It hasn't changed much. They opened the last two little rooms on the right side(inside) of the chapel and put some Crockett stuff on display(rifle, vest) and at the back of the chapel they have the doors to the Veramendi Palace on display. It was at those doors that a thirty year old Jim Bowie met a 16 year old girl named Ursula de Veramendi. He was on the way to see her father, the Vice-Governor of Coahuila and Texas. Two years later they were married. The original marriage license says Santiago Buy for James Bowie. The origainal is in the Bexar Archives in Austin(UT), but there is a copy in Spanish and English on a web site called Alamo de Parras. That's about it. The raspas are still cold, the latinas still hot and life goes on here much like before...
p.s. I don't have a camera(real or phone), you can't take pics inside the church and I also don't have a clue on how to post anything, pics or words. Sorry...

gfordtx

Jul 16, 2013
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 + Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am here in Smith County, and sometimes travel to Cherokee, Anderson, Red River, and Galveston Counties Relic Hunting and sometimes Coin... But I prefer Relics.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Travis county,Austin
I've been hunting tot-lots all summer,hopefully with the fall coming?,I'll be back hunting all over the city/state.
I can hunt with any of y'all anytime after 12 noon,Sunday-Saturday,and will travel up to 50-100 miles if you need a partner.:thumbsup:

jonesy

Sep 26, 2004
central Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Burnet County, NW of austin . havn't been hunting for awhile. last place was in the Caballo mts in New Mexico, didn't find anything with my M/d but found great gold with drywasher. Jonesy

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
Coryell County / Copperas Cove.

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Migrider.....I used to live in the Cove over by the park....Behind the 7-11...if its still there....way back in 84 - 85 when I was stationed at Ft. Hood. Came back in 88 and moved into the next neighborhood over for a few years...

If you were there in the 70 - 90's, you may recognize my signature pic....

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
Welcome Migrider.....I used to live in the Cove over by the park....Behind the 7-11...if its still there....way back in 84 - 85 when I was stationed at Ft. Hood. Came back in 88 and moved into the next neighborhood over for a few years... If you were there in the 70 - 90's, you may recognize my signature pic....
I have been in Cove since 73.

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
The park and 7-11 are still there and the park is filled with lots of trash in he ground.

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I was there was about 5 years ago when my son was stationed there...He was on main post with 1st Cav and my wife and I were at West Ft. Hood on the airfield... We went to the park but not past it....We were living there when the DQ was built at the end of the road...

De Sous

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2013
Rosenberg Texas
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V metal detector White's 120mm Bullseye II Pinpoint
Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
De Sous ( Fort Bend County )

I say all of us post our current locations so we know who to be looking over our shoulder for (joke!) while out detecting now that cooler weather is just around the corner... Any one care to partake?

Tejaas here from Blanco and Bell County!

"Ya gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Hello everyone,
I am hailing from Fort Bend County. I am new and willing to hunt as soon as MD arrives. Hit me up!! Happy Hunting!

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DE Sous...I'm in Humble and there are some great folks around here on Tnet. Welcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread