Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a Whites V3I listed in the classifieds that is a great machine. It has a bit of a learning curve, but is good for coins, jewelry, relics and small gold. The Minelab Etrac is also a good choice if you can find a used one. Teknetics T2 SE and Fisher F75Se are also great relic machines.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you already have some detecting gear and just looking for a new machine? If not you may want to consider other cost in you $800 to $1000...

Garret AT Pro $625
Garret Pin Pointer $135
Leasche Digger $40
Decent shovel $100
-------------------------
Total $900

And this does not include things like knee pads, some sort of goodies and trash find bag, or other small items you may need....

DignTXRelics

Nov 22, 2013
San Antonio TX
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / F75 / G2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look into the AT Pro or AT Gold and a pro pointer. You can get all that for $900 or less. If you are going to relic hunt stay away from Minelab. They are good in clean areas but horrible in iron.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look into the AT Pro or AT Gold and a pro pointer. You can get all that for $900 or less. If you are going to relic hunt stay away from Minelab. They are good in clean areas but horrible in iron.

lol..terrible advice with the minelab

Get an etrac, it's great in iron. Or a used whites v3i.

and a minlab profind, stay away from the propointer.

Last edited:

DignTXRelics

Nov 22, 2013
San Antonio TX
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / F75 / G2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you don't want to find relics in iron buy a Minelab. If you enjoy swinging a heavy detector that is made in Malaysia buy a Minelab. If you only hunt in fair weather and never in creeks or rivers buy a Minelab.

If you'd like to buy an American made detector that is waterproof to ten feet and is outstanding in iron, buy a Garrett.

There is a reason why serious relic hunters that have success digging the good stuff don't use Minelab detectors.

It's your money. Spend wisely. Buy American or move to France.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you don't want to find relics in iron buy a Minelab. If you enjoy swinging a heavy detector that is made in Malaysia buy a Minelab. If you only hunt in fair weather and never in creeks or rivers buy a Minelab.

If you'd like to buy an American made detector that is waterproof to ten feet and is outstanding in iron, buy a Garrett.

There is a reason why serious relic hunters that have success digging the good stuff don't use Minelab detectors.

It's your money. Spend wisely. Buy American or move to France.

LOL!!!

SERIOUS RELIC HUNTERS DON'T USE MINELABS?

Where did you get this from? Watching diggers on TV?

HAHAHAHA Have you ever dug any relics? You probably don't like minelabs because you don't have the skill to use one, not much, but it's still probably way over your head.

Whites makes a quality American made machine.

You are clearly ignorant, but hillarious, so keep posting. :laughing9:

OP
OP
J

jayko26

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2014
Thinking about a whites v3i or a e trac i used to have a safari just want to try something new for finding jewelry and coins

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No I've never dug one relic in my life. I've never owned and used / tested almost every detector made for the past 20 years. With that said I have no clue what works in heavy iron, clean sites, and creeks. .
Finally, you give us something believable. You don't know jack.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from those Minelab machines. They're terrible in iron, no depth at all, slow recovery speed, etc. Buy the ATPro it's much deeper and better in iron.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to post a comment that you 2 need to stop fighting about which is better, and let the man decide for himself after you have offered advice on Prices like I did.. but instead I am just going to "LIKE" DignTXRelics comment above.. LOL

Grabs popcorn also

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's obvious to me and anyone that reads this you have no clue about relic hunting and which detector to use. Please keep telling people to buy Minelab machines. You are doing the rest of us a favor. We go to sites where people like you have "cleaned it out" and have a lot of fun.

Every one buy a Minelab! Please listen to this moron. He knows what he is talking about.

DignTXRelics,

Please read our rules, no insults allowed. "moron" is an insult and you said it several times......

As far as Minelabs and relics ask the people who have owned Minelab Explorers, Sovereigns and Etracs how they do on iron relics......

You will not hear them complaining at all.

I own a Sov GT, Etrac, and 2 excals and they have no trouble seeing iron on land or in the water..... I have hunted land with all and even my excals with no problem at all and they can withstand any amount of rain thrown at them unless it is over 250 feet....:D

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to apologize to gsxraddict. The word moron can be hurtful to people that have self esteem issues. Although my initial post pointed out my opinion based on my experiences, it was gsxraddict that called me out.

Please feel free to buy any detector you wish as long as it is a Minelab. Doing so will leave more relics for the rest of us to find.

No more comments from me on this one.

" The word moron can be hurtful to people that have self esteem issues"

You apologize by insulting again after a mod warns about insulting??

Consider this a warning...Please read our rules. No more insults.....

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ack now my above post looks silly Since the post I was referring to that I liked has been deleted by a mod LOL.. see the post above my last post for the quote in tresuehunters post to see the previous post I refer to that has been deleted.. LOL >the cryptic way to see the deleted post I was referring to above is now below< LOL

OP
OP
J

jayko26

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2014
Thank you I'm thinking about getting the whites V3i lets see how that goes

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you already have some detecting gear and just looking for a new machine? If not you may want to consider other cost in you $800 to $1000...

Garret AT Pro $625
Garret Pin Pointer $135
Leasche Digger $40
Decent shovel $100
-------------------------
Total $900

And this does not include things like knee pads, some sort of goodies and trash find bag, or other small items you may need....

Ditto

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking about a whites v3i or a e trac i used to have a safari just want to try something new for finding jewelry and coins

How was your experience with the safari? What else have you used? I am shopping and would like "real" info about usage and performance.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How was your experience with the safari? What else have you used? I am shopping and would like "real" info about usage and performance.

I use to have the Safari, it is basically a dumbed down version of the etrac. I liked it, processor was a little slow so you had to go slower with it. I sold it when an Etrac popped up for sell here in our classifies for a great price. $800 shipped to my door.

When the etrac arrived you could not tell it had ever been used, not a scratch or scuff mark on it..

Love the Etrac.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What metal detector is good in price range of $800 to $1000 not really for beach use good depth finds jewelry coins relics Texas soil
Jayko26, you can find like new Etracs for 800-$1000 every week it seems. Since the CTX has become more popular many users are selling their E's to finance a CTX or because they rarely use the Etrac since swinging the CTX.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread