Question for South Texas detectors

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been south of Corpus digging. But, if the ground there is sandy, with little clay, then the targets should be fairly shallow if no fill has been put on top. But, in most cases there will be fill of some sort and in the sandy soil I would assume they will sink a bit faster than in clay.

OP
OP
txstreasureship

txstreasureship

Sep 11, 2012
Texas Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett XL 500 PI
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry it took so long to reply I havent signed in for awhile thanks for the reply. I was using a bounty hunter and had some serious concerns about how deep it was actually picking up coins at my grandparents property I only found 1 wheaty and some new clad all less than 3 inches anything that I found deeper were much larger objects like the old brass lock and makeup compact. So I have ordered a new to me Garrett at pro so I'll need to go back over the areas I have detected to see if I am correct.

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
How did your new at pro work out? Am thinking of getting one soon. Have only heard great things about it. HH

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just dug a silver quarter at 2" on a vacant lot in Corpus...then clad dime 4" about 10 feet from that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread