Looking for others in Laredo Texas for metal Detecting.

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The industry has overtaken but 20 years ago (almost to the day lol) Laretho was a vastly different border town. Way out Mines Road there was a new crossing named Columbia. If you start there coming back to Laredo you will cross a small bridge in a curve that spans a gully. Now I looked at goxgle earth and can't recognize a single landmark other than a curve. Anyway, a couple of miles past the bridge towards Laredo is a place called smuggler's creek. The name explains itself. Look on an old map and I'm sure you'll find it. Now, there is a famous picture of Pancho Villa sitting in front of a train depot that I've been looking for for years and can't find an online reference. Anyway, The train crossing north of the convent bridge or bridge 1 is where that photo was taken. Well, Pancho Villa prowled that area so take it for what it's worth. Walk up the wooden stairs to the old building that has the catwalk over the tracks to check for border jumpers and ask permission... or not. Bridge one or the mercado/marcado bridge on convent well, the bottom part of the customs house was part of the convent or what it's built on. The fenced in parking lot where the federales park is a paved over graveyard of no names that didn't fair so well in skirmishes there at the crossing. The convent was there and the nuns buried the dead below on the upper river bank. I'm betting you'll find more bullet casings than anything. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread