Jesse James Grave

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There sure are a lot of roads named Brushy Bill in Texas for sure.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't I read that they exhumed his body and did a DNA test a couple years back? But you never know...

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She said they did on a grave up north where he fake his death

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse James was shot and killed when history says he was. End of story. Even though I believe them wrong, I respect the view of those who believe he faked his death, and they have some interesting research which I enjoy reading, but they ain't convinced me yet. I suppose you are familiar with the old fake J. Frank Dalton? An interesting thing in outlaw history is many times when viewing the body of the recently deceased outlaw, close family members would say, no, that ain't him. They hoped without a positive ID the law dogs wouldn't be able to collect the reward.

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are sure a lot of people in that area that claim to be kin to him makes me wonder

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The man known as J. Frank Dalton was the real Jesse Woodson James. He died at 103 years old and in buried in Granbury Cemetery. This is his headstone. For more information, check out my Bloody Bill Anderson website's Photos and Blog (link below).
~Texas Jay

Home - William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson

GranburytombstoneJesseWoodsonJames.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The man known as J. Frank Dalton was the real Jesse Woodson James. He died at 103 years old and in buried in Granbury Cemetery. This is his headstone. For more information, check out my Bloody Bill Anderson website's Photos and Blog (link below).
~Texas Jay

Home - William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson

View attachment 1526854 ts

That Is Not A Fact....Only Your Opinion About Dalton...

If you are gonna put up that headstone pic tell members that it was put up 32yrs after his death at the time his funeral was finally paid for and until that time he was in an unmarked grave...and he is not really buried under That headstone for anyone wanting to visit.

It's not right to state opinions as facts....I'm sure you appreciate it when folks tell you they 'believe' something versus they 'know' something.

It's Not Hard To Say That TJ...

Kace

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres also William Bonney (Billy the kid) and Robert Leroy Parker (Butch Cassidy) who supposedly faked their death.Maybe Jessie started a trend:laughing9:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
JRC...I think it's very possible Jesse Woodson James did fake his death. It would of been the smart thing to do!

Kace

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
JRC...I think it's very possible Jesse Woodson James did fake his death. It would of been the smart thing to do!

Kace
Its possible but I doubt it.It would of been smart for alot outlaws to fake their own deaths but,as the saying goes,those who live by the sword usually die by the sword.There arent to many gunfighters,bank robbers,etc who didnt.Clay Allison,gunfighter, is one,he died in an accident with a wagon.

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if we will ever know what happen to J James

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kace, it may or may not be a fact to you but it's a fact to me and I've studied all the evidence I can find on the subject for the past 12 years. It was also a fact to the dozens of men and women who knew Jesse Woodson James in earlier times who swore on affidavits that the man before them (aka J. Frank Dalton), from 1948 to 1951, was the one and the same Jesse Woodson James that they'd known decades before. Out of those many dozens of witnesses, not one was ever charged with perjury (lying on a notarized affidavit).
~Texas Jay

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace, it may or may not be a fact to you but it's a fact to me and I've studied all the evidence I can find on the subject for the past 12 years. It was also a fact to the dozens of men and women who knew Jesse Woodson James in earlier times who swore on affidavits that the man before them (aka J. Frank Dalton), from 1948 to 1951, was the one and the same Jesse Woodson James that they'd known decades before. Out of those many dozens of witnesses, not one was ever charged with perjury (lying on a notarized affidavit).
~Texas Jay
[/

TJ...Here's the deal...YOU BELIEVE Dalton is Jesse James...I don't care about that. What I DO care about is the way you sashay all over the internet claiming your BELIEFS to be Facts and They Aren't....They Are Your Thoughts Only.

There are mountains of evidence he isn't JJ...You Choose to ignore that and as far as I'm concerned that's your prerogative. I still don't care.

You talk about perjury (I know what it means). Tell the Rest Of The Story...About WHO gave affidavits and Turilli who for some unknown reason you always reference was a con himself and He Didn't pay Stella James when he lost to her in court...TWICE. HER estate didn't go after HIS estate after they both died because they thought it would affect Little Lester B. Turilli....I could go on and have gone on and on, but that's not my point.

My point is, I can respect your OPINION....Just don't state it as FACT.. There is an article online that I read where a girl GOOGLED Jesse James and your statements and website came up...she read that and and used it to write her final paper for school...She failed of course and was chastised for using your site and references you listed...Turilli, Dill, Houk etc. who she referenced as Jesse James lll mimicking you. The girl never researched that Houk had changed his named to JJ lll...she believed what you said and have put out there as fact. The girl should of researched everything but believed you.

These are some reasons I keep saying...It's not hard to say 'I believe' instead of stating your beliefs as facts. Your statements can have farther reaching consequences than you think about...which to me is strange because you keep saying dishonest people stole $250k from your treasure site...What's the difference in that compared to what you do with leading people to believe what you THINK is Fact?....Both are Dishonest.

Ive explained my family first coming into contact with Frank Dalton as he was going by then in the 1930's just before the Crittenden Memoirs were released and again in the late '40's, and also being a lifelong James and Younger follower I'm very familiar with all of the stories,claims and locations.

I'm just asking you to preface your Dalton/James statements with 'This is what I believe'. Personally I don't think that's asking too much. Let folks who are researching Jesse James history know ALL of it...Not just stating Your Belief as fact. Or say nothing.

Thanks,
Kace

Last edited:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Texas Jay
[/

TJ...Here's the deal...YOU BELIEVE Dalton is Jesse James...I don't care about that. What I DO care about is the way you sashay all over the internet claiming your BELIEFS to be Facts and They Aren't....They Are Your Thoughts Only.

There are mountains of evidence he isn't JJ...You Choose to ignore that and as far as I'm concerned that's your prerogative. I still don't care.

You talk about perjury (I know what it means). Tell the Rest Of The Story...About WHO gave affidavits and Turilli who for some unknown reason you always reference was a con himself and He Didn't pay Stella James when he lost to her in court...TWICE. HER estate didn't go after HIS estate after they both died because they thought it would affect Little Lester B. Turilli....I could go on and have gone on and on, but that's not my point.

My point is, I can respect your OPINION....Just don't state it as FACT.. There is an article online that I read where a girl GOOGLED Jesse James and your statements and website came up...she read that and and used it to write her final paper for school...She failed of course and was chastised for using your site and references you listed...Turilli, Dill, Houk etc. who she referenced as Jesse James lll mimicking you. The girl never researched that Houk had changed his named to JJ lll...she believed what you said and have put out there as fact. The girl should of researched everything but believed you.

These are some reasons I keep saying...It's not hard to say 'I believe' instead of stating your beliefs as facts. Your statements can have farther reaching consequences than you think about...which to me is strange because you keep saying dishonest people stole $250k from your treasure site...What's the difference in that compared to what you do with leading people to believe what you THINK is Fact?....Both are Dishonest.

Ive explained my family first coming into contact with Frank Dalton as he was going by then in the 1930's just before the Crittenden Memoirs were released and again in the late '40's, and also being a lifelong James and Younger follower I'm very familiar with all of the stories,claims and locations.

I'm just asking you to preface your Dalton/James statements with 'This is what I believe'. Personally I don't think that's asking too much. Let folks who are researching Jesse James history know ALL of it...Not just stating Your Belief as fact. Or say nothing.

Thanks,
Kace

I sure wish Treasure Net had a Block feature, like Facebook, so I could use it on numbskulls. When is the last time you criticized someone for stating that Jesse James was killed in 1882? They are all over the Internet, in every American history textbook, in magazines, and on lecture tours for thousands of dollars each. Why don't you go after those liars instead of attacking me? They're everywhere spreading their traditionalist lies and myths while I'm simply stating what is supported by the evidence and by many who knew Jesse James for most of his life. I bet you've never once questioned or interrogated one of them the way you've tried to do to me. It was the teacher who should have been chastised, not the girl who was honestly searching for the truth.
~Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then, there is the "Missing Digit" Controversy...

You keep bringing that up, Rebel, but you never give the source or a verified photo of Jesse James that he even had a "missing digit" or which one it was, or how he allegedly got it. I've already answered your other post about it today and showed the article where former Hood County Sheriff Oren Baker, who performed the post mortem examination on "J. Frank Dalton", stated that Dalton/James DID have part of one finger missing. He also testified to burn scars on the bottom of Jesse's feet, rope burn scars on his neck, and numerous bullet holes in his body.
~Texas Jay

HoodCounty-JWJ.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure wish Treasure Net had a Block feature, like Facebook, so I could use it on numbskulls. When is the last time you criticized someone for stating that Jesse James was killed in 1882? They are all over the Internet, in every American history textbook, in magazines, and on lecture tours for thousands of dollars each. Why don't you go after those liars instead of attacking me? They're everywhere spreading their traditionalist lies and myths while I'm simply stating what is supported by the evidence and by many who knew Jesse James for most of his life. I bet you've never once questioned or interrogated one of them the way you've tried to do to me. It was the teacher who should have been chastised, not the girl who was honestly searching for the truth.
~Texas Jay

Numb Skulls?? HA! It's called a Forum. People Discuss Things On Them...Not Texas Jay's Agree With Me or I Will Hit Ignore and Post All Personal Information About You On My Yahoo BBAMG that you must give your name and email address to join so I can control all opinions site.

TJ, I've said many times that 'I Don't Believe' Jesse Woodson James...Outlaw of Kearney, MO was killed at 1318 Lafayette St, St Joseph, MO on April 3rd 1882 by Robert Ford. I haven't seen anyone really insistent about it...I said to rginn and JRC on this thread it's very possible he did fake his death and that would of been the smart thing to do. Did Ya Miss That? Rginn believes he was killed then.. I respect his opinion, he said he thought it was possible but doubtful. Ok...I can't prove him wrong. It's Opinions.

The issue is...I cannot 'Prove That'...It's My Belief...I Don't State It As Fact. That's why I say 'I Don't Believe'. I've said why I have a hard time believing it...But It's Only My Opinion. It means nothing. You on the other hand state your beliefs as Facts when they are not.

I was at the '78 and '95 exhumation's of JWJ in Kearney...In '78 there was very little left. There was a bullet slug that hadn't hit anything mixed in with a deteriorated skull, small twig like bones,glass and wood fragments. The problem with both exhumations is that there had been one in 1902 I think it was, I could be wrong on the year. Who knows what happened then. None of us were there. It was a wooden unlined coffin. It got wet. It rotted fast.

I've also been to 1318 Lafayette St...The shooting site, and I've Stated on Tnet...That is a Bullet Hole made by a Slug That Hit Nothing before it hit the wall. I've seen many bullets that have hit something hard and what happens to the lead when it exits.

If the topic comes up publicly, like here on Tnet, I've said who the top 4 public contenders are on claims to be JWJ. You could do that too.

I don't monetarily support anyone's beliefs on this topic...There are libraries, archives, genealogy, locations, historical societies etc to research.

You don't want to talk about anything that goes against what You Want Life To Be...Dalton, William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson, Tunnels Under Brownwood That Were For Sure Built By KGC who brought in stonemasons from Europe to build, Jason James Was Frank and Jesse James First Cousin, All '400' of Quantrill's Rangers Were KGC, Henry Ford, yada,yada,yada. You even changed the Texas Handbook to fit your beliefs...Til they caught it.

You changed a man named William C. Anderson of Texas whole life and twisted that into him being William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson of MO and KS because you wanted him to be. That's Not Right TJ.

Here is a fact...I have a branding iron with the letter A on it that I got at an auction in Council Grove....The owner who knew my uncle swore it came from 'Bloody Bill's family farm. Now...I know what was said, I have the Branding Iron with an A on it, It came from Anderson's neighboring land. All points to The William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson family. Can I prove it was theirs? Should I state that as fact?

Recently regarding Jason W James I saw on here where you said you couldn't find proof to back him being cousin to AFJ and JWJ up even though you've posted they were first cousins before. I thought that was pretty good for you and if you look, I posted that you were right to question that because they aren't related.

You mislead everyone on all of those topics by not telling the full story...You only say excerpts of what you want them to know. That's Not Right.

Rebel has seen/posted all of the pics we all put on the JJ Treasures thread of Jesse Woodson James missing part of his 'middle finger' that was very public knowledge since he was cleaning his own loaded gun shortly after joining up with Quantrill and it accidentally discharged shooting off his own finger as a teenager.

Dalton's index fingernail was injured by something hitting it or it getting slammed in something causing blood under the nail. Which healed. JWJ's middle finger didn't grow back...You've been on that thread and saw the pics too. That didn't fit with what you wanted so a Mexican bit a tip off Dalton's index finger...that grew back. Come On...

You think the Teacher should be chastised?? LOL! The correct way to write that paper would of been to include All information available on Jesse Woodson James, with bibliography on the bibliography. Not the world according to TJ or any one person.

You obviously don't want to reference the undertaker who prepared Dalton....Have you really read Sheriff Oran Baker's Statement? 32 bullet holes from the Forehead to knees...

Is this Dalton before make up?

IMG_0688.PNG IMG_0688.PNG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread