Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in north east Austin,north of Walnut Creek,and since May 1st I've gotten 17 inches of rain.I got 5 inches of rain
in 3 hours on Monday.Only 1 branch fell from my tree.

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Galveston Bay. Raining again as I type. I haven't been out detecting in about 5 weeks now. Way to much rain. The ground is more saturated than I have ever seen it, even after Ike. We had two days without rain but water was still standing in the low spots and was not soaking in. Now more rain is falling and now is just pure run-off. I live close enough to the Bay that I don't worry about backed up drainage, but I really feel for those more inland that have to rely on the creeks and bayous. More flooding is predicted.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Between Houston and Galveston....agreed, saturated. Better stop soon. Getting another round right now.

OP
OP
P

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anxious to get out. Ground saturated so bad its a muddy mess. Beautiful today, maybe hit some tot lots just to get my MD fix. LOL

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling. I've been wanting to get out too, but with the ground so saturated, it's nothing but mud. Hopefully it will dry up a bit, and we have seen the last of it for awhile. At least that's what the weather guesser's are saying...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread