Where to start

lostnfound

Apr 29, 2007
Hello all, I like many of the previous poster's here am new. I have been reading and googling as much as possible about local lost mines, caches, history, geology etc.... Now I have read so many different stories I don't know which one to pursue. I know a few of these are not in Texas but within a 2 hr drive.
I'm in El Paso, kind of at the hub of a lot of tales. The Franklin Mt's in my back yard, Guadalupe mt's 90mi east (Iv'e found caves on the west side), Caballo Mt's roughly the same distance north. Did Pancho Villa's right hand man really hide a chest of (?) in the Franklins as T. Penfield wrote or is the Lost Padre Mine Under a street on the western slopes. Doc Noss hide some gold bars in the Caballos, lower part of the western side in under water. Ben Sublet found a source of gold in a sedimentary rock (ancient reef) mountain range. Lost Adams diggings somewhere just a few hours N/NW And the one thing that I havn't found much about is the Sangre De Cristo Mt's. If most of the Spanish wealth was hidden why would they pack it hundreds of miles risking attacks when the Mountains just north of Santa Fe are so close and offer more than adequate hiding places.I'll post a question on the New Mexico forum. I probably know just enough to get in trouble. Any insight into geographicaly close ( to El Paso) stories or references would be appreciated. I'm not asking anyone to give up "secrets" just helpful Info.
Thank you....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions