Old Local School?

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Has anyone ever seen a building structure like this that has been a school at one time or still is?

I read in my local research that a man that helped get this town started donated approx. 2 acres about 1-2 miles out of town for a school. After looking at new and old maps this school sits 1.7 miles from the main intersection of town. All other schools are in town.

This is on a road that has been here since the town began. Someone bought this about 10 years ago and remodeled. I am going to try and get permission regardless, It is an old building and looks promising.

Age guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 267

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Shaw said:
Has anyone ever seen a building structure like this that has been a school at one time or still is?

I read in my local research that a man that helped get this town started donated approx. 2 acres about 1-2 miles out of town for a school. After looking at new and old maps this school sits 1.7 miles from the main intersection of town. All other schools are in town.

This is on a road that has been here since the town began. Someone bought this about 10 years ago and remodeled. I am going to try and get permission regardless, It is an old building and looks promising.

Age guesses?

Na, I wouldn't bother hunting that.....for at least TWO WEEKS! ;D

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
myelo1023 said:
Shaw said:

Age guesses?

;D ;D

I will hit up the swimming hole first, I will try and hold off.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Shaw said:
myelo1023 said:
Shaw said:

Age guesses?

;D ;D

you ever want more children....you better! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
just-geese said:
myelo1023 said:
Shaw said:
myelo1023 said:
Shaw said:

Age guesses?

;D ;D

you ever want more children....you better! :icon_pirat:
OUCH !!!! And I was just ready to send him a message to see if we could hunt it this weekend ::)

I am game Don, just not for the school! ;D

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
just-geese said:
Oh come on ...let's do the school (you know who is out of town ) :laughing9:

Watch it Don...I know where you live.....well, not really, but I'll FIND where you live....and then......well, haven't gotten that far yet... but something...really good.......;D :tard:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'd take a closer look at the building in the background. by looking at the roof line and the gabled windows, it looks older than the main house, like maybe somebody turned the school house into a stable and built a new house up front to match the original building JMO

Sniffer

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sniffer said:
I'd take a closer look at the building in the background. by looking at the roof line and the gabled windows, it looks older than the main house, like maybe somebody turned the school house into a stable and built a new house up front to match the original building JMO

Sniffer
..............................................................I agree with Sniffer...........................the only other possibility is that the original school house was razed/moved to make room for the new buildings!!......................................Joe

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

Thing main thing that throws me of is that this is the only structure in the are
that looks like this, It is between mobile homes and 1000 sq homes. Some dude at the Exxon up the road from there told me that he thought it was built around 1930 and it was the black school. ??? He said that it was abandoned for years up until about 30 years ago when some one made it a livable house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread