The old town of Tamina

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
littletwig said:
Any of you folks in the Houston area ever hunt the old town of Tamina?

Like the old Tamina South of Conroe? Good question littlewig, I am not even sure I have seen any of the old dwellings or its exact starting location. I have a 1930's map somewhere of Montgomery County I will dig out this evening.

Just in the neighborhood for you!

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
littletwig said:

I have been there....drove around to look for hunting grounds.....kinda scary and so much junk all over the place, I would doubt it would be a very fun hunt...unless you could find a clean yard someone may let you hunt.

OP
OP
littletwig

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
Shaw said:
littletwig said:

Like the old Tamina South of Conroe? Good question littlewig, I am not even sure I have seen any of the old dwellings or its exact starting location. I have a 1930's map somewhere of Montgomery County I will dig out this evening.

Yep that's the place. Looks like the main part of the town stood in the area of Tamina Rd and Hardy Rd. Yep it looks pretty scarry.
Where the Home depot is there was an old house of ill repute. I understand some may have hunted there with some success before the home depot was started. I also understand that the location was a jumping off spot for runaway slave before it was really a town. Can't find much history on the real early town sight.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
littletwig said:
Shaw said:
littletwig said:

Yep that's the place. Looks like the main part of the town stood in the area of Tamina Rd and Hardy Rd. Yep it looks pretty scarry.
Where the Home depot is there was an old house of ill repute. I understand some may have hunted there with some success before the home depot was started. I also understand that the location was a jumping off spot for runaway slave before it was really a town. Can't find much history on the real early town sight.

It was actually a former slave settlement after the CW. It's too bad it is in such poor condition because I can imagine that under all the "junk" are some pretty nice treasures.

ajmenzie1

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own 12 acres in Tamina off broadway if you are still interested.

unclecnote

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2014
I will be in Spring for Memorial Day weekend, could I get your permission to hunt or would you like to hunt also?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread