AND THE DOCTOR SAID ......................

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Jeff went to the doctor today and was told left knee total replacement, then right knee not to far behind it. I told him the sooner the better before it cripples you up! And before the season really starts, besides we promised Jacob a hunt in April. Just need to get it done so he wont be in pain anymore.

Think well for this to go thru, no insurance, yuck!

Evy

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
mental granny said:
Think well for this to go thru, no insurance, yuck!

OMG; that would for sure put me in the poor house!

They've been telling me total knees + 1 hip for 17 years now!
uh-ah.....no way!
I just keep taking the anti inflammatories and keep going. Oh sure, there's pain in my parts.......but, hey.......there MY parts! ok, ok, i'm a chicken $hit ;)
Hope all goes well for you Jeff!

Attachments

• chix.jpg
    chix.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 322

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I think once you have had it done you will feel so much better Jeff.....I know people who have and they wished they had done it earlier.....in the mean time get Jacob to dig for you :)

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Hey, Stoney... you're on my list, too!

If you intend to live to 110 and beyond, better make sure your wheels are ready for the trip.

(Then again, maybe the doctor could just touch up the x-rays!)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Gypsy, you make a good point. :-* Why should I have all the fun. ;)

PBK, I was kind of hoping to go with all my original parts intact. Now at some future point, someone will dig up a box of dust with a metal part in it and post a pic on the "What Is It?" thread. LOL

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been checking with the folks today to see about a walker (have to have one or you can't leave hospital), and trying to find a shower seat tub seat, for temporaryu use, I think Jacob will dig for him for a while if he gets to keep what he digs! HaHa, Thats when Jeff will get his most valuble find!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Evy, I knew it! You all have your wedding anniversary and now Jeff is falling apart! Were you that hard on him? ;D ;D ;D ;D
--Mel

borninok

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
mental granny said:
see about a walker and trying to find a shower seat tub seat,

Evy,
If you have a Salvation army thrift store in your area, you can often find theses things for a buck or 2.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Git er done, Stoney!" You'll be glad you did.

We'll be here on Tnet, helping you through your recovery. :)

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Mental Granny, I hope he is a 'good patient'.
Jeff, hang in there, I have large screws in my hip, (over 20 yrs), & only notice it when I 'over do it', or the weather changes. :P

Fossis..............

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evy, I will fire up a candle n a good ole prayer for ya... for a successful operation and a speedy recovery... and expect to hear back from ya, give a holler if ya get bored..lordy, I will have ya busting a gut.... and I mean it...

let us know when surgery is? ok..

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank-you all for your prayers and well wishes, and the pms,-- as soon as I know something I will let ya'll know, Jeff goes back to the Dr, a week from this Thur. so maybe he will know more then.

Thank-You so much again!
Evy

P.S. Oh! beleive me when I get bored or want to kill the paient, I'll yell for help! ;D

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Get 'er done, Jeff!! The procedure and parts are pretty advanced over even 5 years ago. Just do the rehab religiously and you'll be back in business before the weather gets too hot. Keep us posted, Evy!! -Noodle

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
rofl You all crack me up at some of the things you come up with from nowhere. Here I am on my laptop working, doing some programming of stuff for another concert tonight. Reading your posts makes my work time so much more fun and laughable. You all are a treasure outright. Thanks for being a part of my day and you have my prayers.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
OK. Here's the update for some time to come. (I hope). Went to the Dr. and he did a quick exam. After my showing him that I could go down on left knee and back up 3X and same with the right-without support or pain, he said check back in 3 months but from the looks of things, he recommends postponing the surgery for some time to come and to continue the regime of Glucosamine and gin/raisins if that's what it takes to alieve the problem, but to use soft knee pads to give some cushion. This will give me time to get a health ins. plan in place w/o a pre-existing condition. :)
But to let you know, I think your prayers had a whole lot more to do with it. 8) 8) 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread