Nice mini 18k score + opinions sought on a piece purchased for my personal collection

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I visited my favorite antique store to sell them some pearls I picked up a few weeks ago. They have several bins full of regularly replenished junk jewelry bags that are always priced at $6 (except for bags of watches, which are $20) and these are the main reason I visit 2-3+ times a week, as I've found some very nice pieces and a ton of scrap in those bags of "junk". Bought one bag on my way out because I saw a three digit number stamped on the bale of a gold charm, I assumed it was 8 or 9k because the color was almost brassy so I was happy to see that 750 when I checked it out at home! It tested 18k or slightly higher but I did check due to the color. It's the national emblem of Saudi Arabia and very dainty at .9 grams and just under an inch long but should bring 40-50 on eBay.

ForumRunner_20150523_075658.png

This other piece I snagged for five bucks on eBay. It isn't signed and wasn't sold as silver but I was 100% sure that it was after comparing to similar much pricier pieces and I was right! It is extremely well made with a sturdy hinged jaw. One of the similar charms that I found dated from the late 1800s and while I don't have any reason to think this one is that old I wondered if you guys might have some insight into style/era.

ForumRunner_20150523_081454.png

ForumRunner_20150523_081507.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions