tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this belt buckle yesterday in a TS case and it was $3.59. It wasn't as clean as it is now, but what I became curious about was the emblem in the center. Looking at it through a loupe, it sure looked like solid gold to me and the small diamond in it was set as a real diamond should be. With all that I purchased it and got home and twisted the emblem off with a pair of pliers breaking the super glue used and sure enough it's marked 14K on the reverse. It weighs 2.5 grams. There is a saying "gold is where you find it" The buckle is marked on the back GP/SP which would be gold plate / silver plate I'm thinking?

Attachments

• belt buck 1.jpg
    belt buck 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 217
  • belt buck 2.jpg
    belt buck 2.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 185
  • belt buck 3.jpg
    belt buck 3.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 195

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! The company made service award pins for various companies and that is what it looks like to me. Great job!!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We seem to be on a belt run lately. Great find

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of curiosity, did you test the actual buckle to be sure? I see a lot of fine scrapes... A gold characteristic..

Great buy!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiosity, did you test the actual buckle to be sure? I see a lot of fine scrapes... A gold characteristic..

Great buy!!
Good eye! I'm not sure what type of base metal it was casted of, but most likely brass. It is plated with silver and the border is a much thicker plating of a grade of gold over what you'd see in gold electro plate. If you zoom in you will see the edge of gold plate over the silver plate. I have a hand made belt made of black leather and rattlesnake skin and decorated with Mercury dimes. I'm going to glue one more silver coin on the center of the buckle like the gold emblem was and put this buckle on that belt. It'll be perfect fit for that belt. The belt is signed Chacone if I recall.

gatordog7

Sep 21, 2015
Hixson, TN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett Pinpointer, Lesche digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice heads up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread