Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold all from my last purchase of Flatware. Today I picked up some Distinction Deluxe Stainless Oneida HH. Floral Bouquet pattern, not the best but Ok. 130 pcs in a plastic chest. Look new, I am sure I am missing one or two pcs. Now since I may be missing some do I sell buy part or as incomplete? Looking at the replacement prices I could sell a couple and have my investment back. I paid $24.75. DSC05853.JPG

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks pretty complete to me. I would advertise it as 95% complete and knock off a couple of bucks. I'd buy it and so would most people. May not be silver, but at least you don't have to polish it...

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some research I think this is a complete set with extras. The largest set I have found is 97 pcs.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always sell these in pieces. Make more money that way.
My sells have been bulk. What method did you use to mail individual pieces, I am at a lose here.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I like to split them into small groups depending on what sells for the most money with the least hassle. I'l sell groups of 4 or 8 individual place settings and lot out the rest in small groups. Unusual pieces (ice tea, cocktail forks, etc) will sell for the most per piece. I price at the higher end, sell BIN, & offer free shipping. If the lot is small enough I ship 1st class mail, otherwise I have boxes that fit inside a padded flat rate envelope.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to split them into small groups depending on what sells for the most money with the least hassle. I'l sell groups of 4 or 8 individual place settings and lot out the rest in small groups. Unusual pieces (ice tea, cocktail forks, etc) will sell for the most per piece. I price at the higher end, sell BIN, & offer free shipping. If the lot is small enough I ship 1st class mail, otherwise I have boxes that fit inside a padded flat rate envelope.

I have a lot of silverware to list also, I like your idea of grouping. I sold a large set but probably should have split them. Nice find!

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
My sells have been bulk. What method did you use to mail individual pieces, I am at a lose here.

I usually sell 1-4 pieces at a time. Wrap each one (bubble) and then stack the wrapped pieces and wrap them all together. Almost always goes into a padded envelope or small box at first class rate. Remember, they increased the limit from 13 to 16 ouncesi. Makes a difference.
And on a second note, I never sell complete place settings, I.e. knife Fork table fork , soup spoon teaspoon. People buy individual pieces and small lots because they lose pieces. They don't lose full placesettings. People lose common individual pieces such as small forks or teaspoons. That's why those items usually go for more money. I lot them together like 3 teaspoons, 4 teaspoons. One fork, two forks. A month ago I bought a set of flatware that are from France for $10. I am currently sitting at about $300 cash made and I have half of it left. A week after I listed the whole set, I sold four lots of spoons. That was all the teaspoons and tablespoons in the set. Made about $200 right there. Those seem to be the most popular. I would guess forks are the next most popular.
It is an unusual find for me but hopefully not the last. I have many sets of not so valuable flatware that I am still waiting to put on. It's just more fun to put the valuable stuff on first.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread