Tiffany & Co 18K pin for 60 cents!!

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other

A jewelry competitor and buddy found this stick pin at a chain thrift store that is usually very thorough with their jewelry. It was 60 cents but half price, so he only paid 30 cents. I traded him some gold and dismissed a debt he owed. He thinks the additional signature is from Louis Comfort Tiffany, but I can't tell. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471801110.292704.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471801130.254773.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471801179.671380.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471801209.716180.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471801254.397771.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other

No idea of value because I can't find anything similar by Tiffany. I have seen similar 14k gold horse pins listed for about $1400.00 or so, but no sales to go by. I would assume I could ask for more since it is Tiffany, but asking and getting are two different things. The buddy really wants me to research it to see whose "signature" or initials those belong to. I'm of the same mind. Patience is not one of my strong points though!

Last edited:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a beautiful piece! Good luck on the identity.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Diggumup! You are an amazing researcher. Whenever something comes up under Pinterest, I cringe. I downloaded the app but have no idea what I'm supposed to with it. First time it has been useful for me, thanks to you!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a Tiffany store around you, you can take it to them and they'll look at for it for you and look it up. I have store near me but unfortunately haven't found any Tiffany to utilize this haha! This really does look top of the line, maybe you could think about getting it appraised?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Diggumup! You are an amazing researcher. Whenever something comes up under Pinterest, I cringe. I downloaded the app but have no idea what I'm supposed to with it. First time it has been useful for me, thanks to you!
I don't know anything about the app. I'm on my home pc and I just sign in to it using my facebook account anytime I need to look at something. That's about the only time Facebook is useful for me, lol. I've never received any spam or anything from them that I know of, so no worries I guess.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a Tiffany store around you, you can take it to them and they'll look at for it for you and look it up. I have store near me but unfortunately haven't found any Tiffany to utilize this haha! This really does look top of the line, maybe you could think about getting it appraised?

They usually authenticate my Tiffany finds. But I called and they said it is $250 to send the piece to New York for information on it. Yet they don't have information going back this far and would more than likely recommend I send it to Sotheby's or Christie's for evaluation. I sent an email to someone at Sotheby's yesterday.

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's really beautiful! Try looking up, "reversed painted crystal" skinner auctions has sold some in the past. Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread