Rude employees ~I buy too much!

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
"He thinks it's ridiculous that I buy everything that's good and save nothing for anybody else."

I agree. The whole purpose of the store is to provide things cheaply to people that don't have much.

LOL. And apparently those guys might actually think that. Reminds me of a Cosby episode where the father asks the son what was the author's purpose for writing a self-help book. The kid said "To help people." The father responded "No. His main purpose was to SELL you a book!" Everything else is secondary.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"He thinks it's ridiculous that I buy everything that's good and save nothing for anybody else."

I agree. The whole purpose of the store is to provide things cheaply to people that don't have much.

I normally don't buy everything. But when there's a gold bracelet for two dollars it's mine. There's a sterling ring for a quarter its mine. There's a sterling necklace for a dollar and it's like 4 g I leave it there. And there's a Seiko watch for two bucks I grab that too. Kind of the nature of the business. I don't expect anybody that's there before me to leave anything in the case. The whole store is cheap pretty much. With some of the antiques they look up on eBay and lawn equipment. I'm sure the the Haitians come in and all but all of the Shoes that are two dollars. They don't save them for anybody either. They Buy them all! At the end of the day I'm not really looking for any new friends, I'll be polite and courteous to the people I'm around but I'm looking to feed my family and feed my bank account. Heck I've even tried being friendly to some of the other people that do this too and none of them save me anything when I'm around. They buy everything as well And there's no way I can get it all anyways. They probably put jewelry out four days a week or five I can only get there two days and once yard sale season comes I won't be there but 1 day a week anyways.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make no mistake...
Thrift stores are there to make money... period.

If its for sale and you buy it all... then you helped them reach that goal.

Most items are donated... they price them... we buy them.
There is no prejudice on "who" and "how much" buys /bought...

There is no "someone else needs it more than someone else" section in the store.
There are only items they wish to sell.

To think that only a certain "type" of person should buy... is prejudiced.

Its a freedom of choice.
Buy it... all... some... or none.
Yet your choice...
Given to you by the store who has priced these items to be sold... to anyone willing to pay for them.

This is not the soup kitchen we are talking about.
This is a money making enterprise.

Sheesh half the thrift stores out there... particularly the bigger names... rip people off.
MOST... if not a majority of prices on the simple life items are priced near OR at retail.
They get it for free and price it out at the max they think they can get.

They aint helping people out by charging stupid prices... they are sucking their blood.

I don't know about you...
But I go to thrift shops looking for a good deal.
If I see one...
I buy it.
If I see 2 ...
I buy them...
And if I see more...

Well you know. :P

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bull. The whole purpose of any store is to make money. The money from some stores may go toward a better cause than others, but it's about money just the same. If you believe it's to provide cheap stuff to poor people, you obviously haven't been to Goodwill and some Salvation Army stores that price items at or even above retail. I shouldn't single them out though, other local ministry thrifts are just as bad.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to change subjects to something a little more serious. Look for the next thread because all this on here really don't matter

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
"To think that only a certain "type" of person should buy... is prejudiced."

So you are calling me prejudiced?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's 430 on Friday. There's anything there I'm behind it all again. They put new stuff out Saturday morning anyways. Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Sunday and Monday are employee days I guess. To be honest though shopping at the store in selling it on eBay page my daughter's daycare every week.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned that the thrift store is not worth the hassle. Welcome 1st weekend of community yard sales. 1st omega necklace, a nice haul for the safe. It was not all cheap. $650~ 40 gr 14k. Spent $500 on the omega, 26 gram.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475466196.828294.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a small mother lode right there. Well done.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't read all the suggestions and advice but my advice would be to call these two guys out in front of other customers and hopefully in front of the store manager! They will either adjust their attitudes or lose their' jobs due to the negativity that will surely affect the customer base and sales. I called out a Service Manager and General Manager at a Car Dealership in front of many customers for flat out lying to me (of which I had the evidence) and for selling me a piece of crap car. It wasn't too long after that, that the Dealership went out of business.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread