KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
I feel I am getting better at this game, I used to be scared to ask for better prices, and pick faults etc...... in order to get better deals.

I scored these today. Maybe not all at prices to write home about, but should get my money back. Remembering this is in aussie $'s
The bayonet I will probably hang on to.

WW1 Remington Bayonet ($200)
P9235669.JPG

Handcrafted marble thing ($3)
P9235670.JPG

9ct gold antique brooch with case - 4.2 grams ($110)
P9235671.JPG

Dinky toy, 1950's ($20)
P9235672.JPG

Sterling silver mirror ($110)
P9235673.JPG

And I thought I would add some more pics of my Zenith trench watch, I love this thing :) and some of my metal detecting finds complement it when it comes to photography props.

P9235664.JPG

P9205637.JPG

OP
OP
KangaWoo

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are cool items! I love the bayonet.

Thanks, I love it too.

I thought it was a great price, but once I got home and looked on the bay, it seems like they only fetch $200 - $300. This surprised me, the quality and feel this thing has, the gorgeous old leather scabbard, and not to mention the history. And yet this is only worth what a cheap to moderate quality pocket knife is worth.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you clarified this was Aussie bucks, otherwise I would have said you paid pretty close to antique-mall retail! Haha, there's not a ton of meat on the bone for the flip, but there's a little bit at least. I love the gold pin. Nice stones, too. The watches have great appeal too.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some nice purchases there although it does seem a bit much. Don't be afraid to lowball them. A lot of those items have huge markup is that they can shave especially if it's been around a while

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions