Cutco knife!!

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid 11 cents for this tiny little Cutco 1720 knife. Hope to get a little less than $40 for it! Always love finding Cutco!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478040807.268274.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a nice find i look for them all the time but never had any luck finding any used ones.......I really like Cutco i bought a complete set of Cutco about 35 years ago and they are still like new after all these years. I still use them ever day...

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have/use the same one

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it is a good one all i have seen have been junk

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still on my list. Haven't found any yet. I did get an 8" AllClad frying pan for $3 this week. My first for AllClad.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still on my list. Haven't found any yet. I did get an 8" AllClad frying pan for $3 this week. My first for AllClad.

Nice! I tend to find a few at some of the estate sales around here. Everyone always rushes to the jewelry and I go buy a pile of $60 knives for $1 each.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid 11 cents for this tiny little Cutco 1720 knife. Hope to get a little less than $40 for it! Always love finding Cutco!
View attachment 1377099

ethanfez ,

The feel of smooth contours of the Rosewood? handle in a vintage piece of Cutco is truly a touch to behold. Awhile back, I found a few larger Cutco kitchen knives and the old Bakelite wall rack. I do like their quality which is way above what one would think the brief "Cutco" name might lead a person to pass on them.

In this day and time, I was wondering if you keep and use a lot of your wooden handled cutlery you find at estate and garage sales, how do you "Sterilize" each knife to kill any germs or viruses that get in between the knife tang metanl ad the porous underside of the handle halves?

Bill

Last edited:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My parents have been using the "Salesman Sample" Cutco knifes that my dad had for over 45 years now. Any chance that we will ever see quality like that again?

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents have been using the "Salesman Sample" Cutco knifes that my dad had for over 45 years now. Any chance that we will ever see quality like that again?

There are still a lot of high quality knife sets being made. They cost a hefty price but they are worth it.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ethanfez ,

The feel of smooth contours of the Rosewood? handle in a vintage piece of Cutco is truly a touch to behold. Awhile back, I found a few larger Cutco kitchen knives and the old Bakelite wall rack. I do like their quality which is way above what one would think the brief "Cutco" name might lead a person to pass on them.

In this day and time, I was wondering if you keep and use a lot of your wooden handled cutlery you find at estate and garage sales, how do you "Sterilize" each knife to kill any germs or viruses that get in between the knife tang metanl ad the porous underside of the handle halves?

Bill

I actually sell all the Cutco I buy. I personally like a different brand more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread