Thrift store score Opera Blu-rays & DVDs

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are possibly the only folks who could understand my excitement when found 32 blu-rays and 4 DVDs of Opera performances. Even better, they were at my local St. Vinnys where the blu-rays are $3 and the DVDs $2. :headbang: These my not be my jam, but they should resell for a tidy sum.

IMG_1103.jpg

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not aware that Opera anything was sought after. Hope you do good on those.

OP
OP
M

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
I've listed about a third of them and most seem to be selling in the $15-$20 range with a couple much higher. It seems that these are most likely not in high demand, but they probably didn't make very many of them. If they don't move fast enough I can troll them through ebay with international shipping and get more eyeballs on them.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Video' here...
No matter what they are OR what titles... are worth $1 max...

To pawn them... most shops will not even buy them... and max price your gonna get is 25 cents for reg DVD... and MAYBE 1 dollar for BR DVD... but more likely they will only pay 50 cents.
IF they will even take them.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now... at the flea markets.... I see reg DVD's for sale for $2 ea./ 3 for 5... but they are not selling very well...

No one picking through em whenever I walk by.

Netflix ruined the DVD resale market. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to "ditch on" your purchase... and no offense intended..
But IMO... you payed exactly what they are worth... and what they are selling for everywhere.

Oh and BTW... Welcome to Treasurenet. :)

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Netflix ruined the DVD resale market. heh

Aside from a few titles and genres I'd rather not deal with, I never really saw a great resale market for DVDs anyway. With VHS tapes, when they went out of print, some became very valuable. Unlike VHS tapes, DVDs don't degrade every time you play one. They are also much easier to copy, even if copyright protected.

OP
OP
M

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
I really am not a fan of Opera, i bought these solely for resale based on my experiences of selling concert DVDs in the past. The discs are from a highly niche market and the performances are unlikely to be available on Netflix. They generally don't have high volume pressings & are unlikely to be re released. Opera also doesn't strike me as a genre that should attract scam artists, now Divas are a different story.

Edenwildfood

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
WISCONSIN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concur with the OP. Most opera dvds are small productions and have fanatical following they are one of the few dad's that have good resale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread